just got my blackberry pearl today from t-mobile with the 19.99/month unlimited internet service. i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

quantumiq no está en línea Stack level 2

Total Noob needs help

Advertisement

just got my blackberry pearl today from t-mobile with the 19.99/month unlimited internet service. i hope to use it to browse the web, email, chat (aim/msn), organize dates, listen to and perhaps stream music. you guys have any tips for applications or tips in general for me? thanks. also is it just me or is the earphone jack different from standard ones? hope to hear from you guys soon.

fsanjaya no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Total Noob needs help

the earphone jack for pearl is 2.5 mm instead of regular 3.5 mm (ipod, mp3 players for examples).. I don't have the internet service, but for website... 3rd party application for web is opera mini, chat use jive talk ( i am not sure), i use microsoft outlook 2003 (syncrho) with the pearl built in calendar. i am a noob too...

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

For aim&msn you can use JiveTalk. To get JiveTalk just email support@beejive.com and tell the you have the 8100 and they will send you an OTA link. To organize dates you can use the calendar app that is preloaded on the pearl. If you want to load music you will have to buy a micro sd card (you can find them at bestbuy or the cingular store or online if you prefer that). There are also some very nice looking themes you can load onto your pearl here if you would like to download the themes from you browser on you phone: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ta_themes.html
    OR here if you want to download it from your computer and then transfer it to your phone with the Destktop Manager: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ta_themes.html

If you need any more help just post back and I will try my best to answer your questions as fast as I can

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Welcome to PinStack quantumiq, you should definitely download google maps; http://www.google.com/gmm from your BB to download OTA.

You also might want to try out Opera Mini; mini.opera.com from our BB (make sure your browser is set to "blackberry" emulation mode.) Although I don't use it anymore since I've upgraded my pearl to OS 4.2.1.66 which has a fullscreen browser option.

Also, send an email to support@beejive.com with your email, Model #, and OS version to get JiveTalk, an IM program with ICQ, AIM, Yahoo, Jabber, MSN, and Google Talk clients in one very sweet package.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Welcome to the stacks! If you have any more questions...you know what to do! hehe