Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by blackninja sharing wrong information, despite the right intentions, is pretty inexcusable. take ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: Too Much Pearl Hype

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja

sharing wrong information, despite the right intentions, is pretty inexcusable. take a little pride in your job.
    While I agree about spreading misinformation, not sure I would tell him to take pride in his job. A little harsh.

Maybe a better solution would be to sell the young ones the pearl, and point them to Pinstack to have their questions answered? Much broader support base?

Just a thought.
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Honestly I don't really see the big deal, who cares if more people are using it...who cares if they're kids? Maybe I'm just used to it since I had an SK2 and SK3...once Paris Hilton started using it everyone had one...I never thought twice about it..just meant there were more people to play games with on my sk. lol

rogerm no está en línea Stack level 1

Seems odd Pearl users really care about what is "cool" and how important it is to have something that other don't. I just want a unit that can do what I need and will have the support to keep doing it. I used a Kyocera Palm Smartphone for over three years based on functionality even though I looked like a dork with what was the ugliest phone ever made. I am happy the Pearl is attractive, though I do miss having a flip phone.

The bottom line is that this is a tool and not a toy or status symbol. If folks want a phone for status than I really do not care what they think.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    While I agree about spreading misinformation, not sure I would tell him to take pride in his job. A little harsh.

Maybe a better solution would be to sell the young ones the pearl, and point them to Pinstack to have their questions answered? Much broader support base?

Just a thought.
    I myself am in the customer care business and despise seeing people who take shortcuts at the customer's expense. If you do not wish to properly deal with a person, then pass them on to someone who will. the solution should be, share the correct information or do not share at all.

If I see a thread in here where a user is asking a question that has been answered 20x times and I do not feel like answering, then I do not reply to the thread.. I don't go and give them the wrong answer.

sorry, I just am the blunt, honest type and those kind of rep "solutions" are simply wrong.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by rogerm
    Seems odd Pearl users really care about what is "cool" and how important it is to have something that other don't. I just want a unit that can do what I need and will have the support to keep doing it. I used a Kyocera Palm Smartphone for over three years based on functionality even though I looked like a dork with what was the ugliest phone ever made. I am happy the Pearl is attractive, though I do miss having a flip phone.

The bottom line is that this is a tool and not a toy or status symbol. If folks want a phone for status than I really do not care what they think.
    Well said.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    I myself am in the customer care business and despise seeing people who take shortcuts at the customer's expense. If you do not wish to properly deal with a person, then pass them on to someone who will. the solution should be, share the correct information or do not share at all.

If I see a thread in here where a user is asking a question that has been answered 20x times and I do not feel like answering, then I do not reply to the thread.. I don't go and give them the wrong answer.

sorry, I just am the blunt, honest type and those kind of rep "solutions" are simply wrong.
    I agree with you. If you are in the customer service business you are obligated to help people and give them the right information. No one said the job would be easy.

camiiseta no está en línea Stack level 2

I don't get what's wrong with a lot of people getting the Pearl. A lot of people getting the Pearl means more "hype" and more add-ons. They'll come out with more websites with free games. More cases. More programs. More OTA downloads. I don't get what the problem. Or more of your friends get BB's.. more PIN messaging! You act like you made the thing and it's your little club that only the "cool kids" get to join. So what if people on TV have your phone? Makes it more flashy when people see you have the same from from *gasp* Laguna Beach! Or the Oscars!

Oh, and by the way, I work selling cell phones too. I recommend the Pearl to people all the time. I whip mine out and they instantly wanna get one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123