Hello all I go a TomTom one as a gift. This is tomtom version 3 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chewespree no está en línea Stack level 1

tomtom one and bb 8100 question

Advertisement

Hello all

I go a TomTom one as a gift. This is tomtom version 3 Le, the one only sold at Bestbuy. I have a blackberry 8100 and downgraded it to the os .66 and changed the APN to wap.voicestream.com. My blackberry picks up the tomtom and asks for a pin number and I enter in all zeroes. The tomtom says that there are no bluetooth enabled devices. In order to be able to manually change the tomtom settings, it has to atleast acknowledge a bluetooth enabled device. All bluetooth and wireless data functions are turned on on both devices. I am very new to this and would appreciate any help. Thanks

Chris

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: tomtom one and bb 8100 question

Is there a reason you downgraded your OS?

Yes. In other threads other people commented that the only way for the tomtom to communicate with the bb was to downgrade to os .66. Is this not true?

Thanks

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Oh I'm not sure I was just curious. Would it not pair with an updated OS?

The bb itself would detect the tomtom but would say unable to pair. This is the case with both os's installed. I believe I can get this to work if I can get the tomtom to allow me to manually set up the bluetooth connection. Apparently this is not possible unless the tomtom atleast detects something with bluetooth. Should I try a friends phone and just modify the settings from there. Basically my question is: is it possible to manually change the wireless data settings on the tomtom without the tomtom itself detecting a phone. This is very complicated to me. Any suggestions I am willing to try. Thanks

Chris

Thanks to everyone who looked at my problem. Boy do I feel dumb and I never set my bb to be recognized by other bluetooth devices. Once I did that it works perfectly.