717cff09

Re: Today Plus Theme (NOT OTA)

Advertisement

dzdank no está en línea Stack level 2

wil that work for the 8100?

steve0suprem0 no está en línea Stack level 1

first post: i couldn't get that link to work for the 8100 (at&t) that i have, but that's because apparently a .jad doesn't do much except tell the loader (or whatever you wanna call it) what to do with a .jar file. however, if you install that multilanguage update floating around (brought to you i believe by doughdaddy), before you update you can go to [can't post URLS yet, apparently. search for "straight line instructions" and you should find it. i think this is underlined because it used to be a link. but i digress]
    and activate lots of themes, one of which has the zen icons on the bottom (i believe it's a vodafone theme). you don't get your today stuff too, but i like it better than having the icons on the side. one nice thing about it is that you don't have to live with an applications icon. i mean, there's a button for that, why would you need an icon, right?

i'm still looking for a non-ota solution to the today plus theme, but i'm happy with this for now. it was kinda confusing at first, but after reading a bunch of threads, i figured it out, thanks to the helpful people here at the pinstack (only been registered a couple days).

thank you stackers!

side note: i love how this forum is exactly like my favorite bmw forum, bimmerforums.com. makes everything MUCH easier.

BBerry07 no está en línea Stack level 2

i have the dm version of today plus. pm me with ur email if you want it.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by steve0suprem0 View Post
    first post: i couldn't get that link to work for the 8100 (at&t) that i have, but that's because apparently a .jad doesn't do much except tell the loader (or whatever you wanna call it) what to do with a .jar file. however, if you install that multilanguage update floating around (brought to you i believe by doughdaddy), before you update you can go to [can't post URLS yet, apparently. search for "straight line instructions" and you should find it. i think this is underlined because it used to be a link. but i digress]
    and activate lots of themes, one of which has the zen icons on the bottom (i believe it's a vodafone theme). you don't get your today stuff too, but i like it better than having the icons on the side. one nice thing about it is that you don't have to live with an applications icon. i mean, there's a button for that, why would you need an icon, right?

i'm still looking for a non-ota solution to the today plus theme, but i'm happy with this for now. it was kinda confusing at first, but after reading a bunch of threads, i figured it out, thanks to the helpful people here at the pinstack (only been registered a couple days).

thank you stackers!

side note: i love how this forum is exactly like my favorite bmw forum, bimmerforums.com. makes everything MUCH easier.
    You can also try this for non-ota install:

Download the jad/jar file onto your desktop.
    Check it has the right extension by right click and check properties on the file. The download might need unziping.
    Connect your blackberry to Desktop Manager
    Open your Media Manager application in Desktop Manager
    In the right hand windowMake a new folder in My Blackberry/Device Memory/Games
    Using the right side of your media manager copy your JAD/JAR files into the folder.

You must follow EXACTLY these instructions

Open the Media application on the blackberry
    press the right button next to the trackball
    Click explore
    Track down to Device Memory
    Click Open
    Track down to your /Games Folder
    Click Open
    Select the JAR file
    Select "Download"

Welcome to the pinstack!

@BBerry07: turns out you can't even pm without ten posts. i'm at steven emett hill at g mail dot com. i'd really appreciate a copy of the theme.

@doughdaddy: yeah, i figured that out late last night. the problem we're having (at least me, so far)is that there doesn't seem to be a download for the .jar file. but, thanks for the help - not just to me but also the whole board.

Quote Originally Posted by steve0suprem0 View Post
    @doughdaddy: yeah, i figured that out late last night. the problem we're having (at least me, so far)is that there doesn't seem to be a download for the .jar file. but, thanks for the help - not just to me but also the whole board.
    Your welcome for the help, that's what we are here for.

The instructions above (not writen by me, just pasted) says jad and jar. So the jad does not work that way? Have you installed Plazmic Theme Reader? Just a thought.

i haven't installed the plazmic thing, but i did read somewhere (searching for a way to convert jad/jar to alx/cod) that the jad and alx aren't really the important part, it's the jar and cod that actually contain the application data. will installing plazmic make a difference? well, i'll try it (assuming i can get it downloaded on my bootleg internet signal) and then let you know...

EDIT: the plazmic site says not to install it on a pearl, since there's already a theme reader on it...
    Last edited by steve0suprem0; 12-05-2007 at 05:57 PM.

It may just be that version of the theme will not work on your 8100. Find another that is meant for your BB and try it. Let me know if still does not work.

problem is that there doesn't seem to BE a download for today plus. it seems to be ONLY ota. i'm pretty confident that f i could find the files for the theme, i'd have it figured out in no time. it's just that it's ota exclusive - so far, at least.

though now that you mention it, i had heard quite a bit about some verizon theme. which i downloaded and installed without problems. it showed up in my themes list, but it has no preview and'activate' isn't in my menu for it. i'm assuming that that theme isn't meant for my fone - but so far, i understand that today plus is.

Edit: and that was just a .jad file, btw. linked above by... guyheavensent.
    Last edited by steve0suprem0; 12-06-2007 at 07:13 AM.

if your using an 8100 then correct, the VZW theme is not for your phone. PM me your email addy and I will send you something to try for me.

steven emett hill at g mail dot com

need ten posts just to pm!

sent to this: stevenemetthill@gmail.com
    Correct?

correct. and it worked. i know others would really appreciate it if you could link to that zip file. i'd do it, but i don't have web space, and if i did, my stolen internet signal is too low to allow me to do it, i think.

thanks a bunch, doughdaddy!!!

You'll find a download for it here: http://blog.newmotiondesigns.com/?page_id=17

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast