Hey guys, I'm looking for some counseling. I can't decide if to upgrade to 4.5 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chazz6422 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question To UPG or not to UPG, that... Is the question

Advertisement

Hey guys, I'm looking for some counseling. I can't decide if to upgrade to 4.5 now or wait for the official almost bug release on Tmobile's website. I mean I hear about all these great features, especially the media player and youtube. But I also hear about how it may stop your BB from reading your media card for good!!! That is a risk I am absolutely not willing to take. So tell me folks, what's your vote? TO UPG or not to UPG.... That is the question

rendon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24354f43
    Upgrade I have all those options and me media card works no bugs~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well just depends, if you are willing to trouble shoot your issues over the new fandangled options or just stay with something stable.

If you're new to upgrading then I would just stick to what you have. There are some quirks that many noobs do not understand and that is where we get bricked BBs.
    So weigh out your options then decide.

Also there are certain programs and trhemes that are just not compatible yet.

ramone22 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey world,

I just bought my first blakberry unlocked. its version V4.2.1.103 (platform 2.3.02)
    i dont have brickbreaker andi would like to upgrade my desktop software and my device software/operating system....any suggestions?

What i did first was to d/load the latest desktop version from blackbery.com

I need help...please

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post

Well just depends, if you are willing to trouble shoot your issues over the new fandangled options or just stay with something stable.

If you're new to upgrading then I would just stick to what you have. There are some quirks that many noobs do not understand and that is where we get bricked BBs.
    So weigh out your options then decide.

Also there are certain programs and trhemes that are just not compatible yet.
    Yeah i figured as much. and i'm no noob when it comes to BBs and i've done some trouble shootin and i've UPGed B4 so that's no prob. i'm just really really worried about my media card lol. i think i'd just rather wait til we get a real official release. ESPECIALLY since certain software and themes don't work to well on 4.5 lol my phone's got mroe 3rd party appz than phone numbers alsmot lol

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is your BB working, now?? If not, upgrade

moblo55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    i personally think that im gunna wait it out till an official release from att, someone i know can help me upgrade, or the blackberry bold comes out. the first of those three that comes up will be what determines my actions. I think if i just wait till the bold then ill end up with the latest software and ill have video recording along with just every other imporvement that you can get out of an OS upgrade
    TRUST me...im a pro

accio5 no está en línea Stack level 1
    lets put it this way.

i upgraded Friday

today is Tuesday

iv been in deep deep Trouble with my phone since friday.

i JUST got it fixed right now.

i do not recommend it. i will for sure wait for the full release.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    More reasons if you're unfamiliar with the whole process you should wait.

This update is isn't supporting some old old themes or apps. Lots of trouble shooting.

Not recommended for BB virgins

Chaiyarat no está en línea Stack level 2
    In case, you r goin to. Make sure you take out all 3rd apps software from your BB desktop then update it. I figured the OS 4.5 has many problems with 3rd apps which yet support it. That causes thing like Red LED hang there, slow os etc.

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Thanks everyone for all the comments here. I was having the same dilemma and you have all convinced me to just wait it out. I'm still playing with my BB and I would hate to mess it up. Enjoying our Honeymoon phase right now!
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

I'm gonna have to echo the last stacker. I agree with those that wanna wait it out. My main reason is the 3rd party software.... My phone has more appz than numbers almost lol

Thanx everyone for your opinions!

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3
    On reading this thread, I deleted all my 3rd party apps from my Pearl about 15 minutes ago. Its been slow since then and right now its gone into an hour glass spin and looks like its rebooting. It worked fine for 3 or 4 days after installing OS4.5, but last evening started acting weird again. I'm hoping that removing the apps will stabilize it otherwise I will have to downgrade to 107 soon. Btw, OS4.5 on my other Pearl is working superfine and i couldn't be happier with it! Go figure....

Ok....my Pearl's stabilized now and I have checked out all its functions and its speeding up the more I use it. No problems now and I have my fingers and toes crossed...lol. My recommendation would be to all those who have old 3rd party apps to delete them if you are going to upgrade to OS4.5. It seems like they are just not compatible with it and cause the Pearl to malfunction, slow it down and go into endless hour glass spins!

I don't have any 3rd party apps on my other Pearl and that is why I think I haven't had any problems with it at all....