Hi guys, I have a blackberry pearl and I added the tmobile web option from ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fq101 no está en línea Stack level 1

Tmobile web

Advertisement

Hi guys,

I have a blackberry pearl and I added the tmobile web option from their website for 5.99. I then installed yahoo messenger and it tells me to visit their website to activate it. When I go to that website it is just blank.

My question is, is the 5.99 tmobile web plan unlimited internet? I can't get opera mini to work either. I put in the APN as wap.voicestream.com and left user name and pass blank. I also took out the battery but it still doesnt work... any ideas?

Whats the difference between the 5.99 plan and the 19.99 blackberry plan?..TMOBILE

Thanks for the help.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Tmobile web

The 19.99 plan is designed for the BB, the other one is for the other not so cool phones. Unfortunately you need to get the other plan to use the internet on your BB.

Well.. I can still access some pages like google and yahoo. They just don't work half the time. I can log into my yahoo mail and send and receieve email through that. I can't get opera mini to work though.

I wonder why it shows the 5.99 tmobile web plan available for the pearl if i can't use it?

any ideas?

PIN/ID
    STACK

oh i think you can use it...it just wont give you the availability of push email and the BB browser. I'm not sure how the Tzone plans work with the pearl. I am no use in that department. sorry

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~because that's the t-zones browser which is, like what reddog said, for the not so cool phones..... The 9.99 unlimited package might work, its the other t-zone internet package

Alright.. well thanks for your help.

I think I will just call tmobile and ask them what the deal is.

If anybody else has any ideas please post them though, that would be helpful, very helpful. Thanks!

one question..

So is the t-zones browser different than the blackberry browser? I cant find the blackberry browswer anywhere. Is that because I have the tmobile 5.99 web plan and not the blackberry plan?

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by fq101
    one question..

So is the t-zones browser different than the blackberry browser? I cant find the blackberry browswer anywhere. Is that because I have the tmobile 5.99 web plan and not the blackberry plan?

Exactly my friend.... Your BB browser will be sent to you ota upon activating a BIS

PIN/ID
    STACK

Yea. jkai2188 is correct... T-zones is a WAP browser and the BB browser can actually emulate other browsers like IE, netscape...a little better than WAP.

Ahh.. thank you very much. I didn't know that, but now I do.

Thanks for your help. So i'm assuming thats why I can't use yahoo messenger.. or msn messenger or anything.

Isn't opera mini also a wap browser? That doesn't work either.
    Last edited by fq101; 09-12-2007 at 09:28 PM.