Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone actually spoken with a Tmobile rep who is aware that the 8100 is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lolamae no está en línea Stack level 2

Tmobile reps and 8100

Advertisement

Has anyone actually spoken with a Tmobile rep who is aware that the 8100 is coming next month?

I called about 10 stores/stands today, and nobody had any clue what I was talking about!

How am I supposed to reserve one and camp out over night in front of the store if they have no idea what I'm talking about?!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Tmobile reps and 8100

Talk to andrewd, he is a TMO rep and he told me he has known about this for a month or two.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I talked to a guy at my local t-mobile kiosk and he knew about the phone but didn't know a date for the release(just said september) he said keep in touch with him and he will hold one for me when it drops. But I'm gonna be there when they open just in case lol

lolamae no está en línea Stack level 2

I want to put one on reserve... I have a fear that everyone will buy them all before I can get to the store. One of the stores I called said, "we don't do that".

officer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244a6afa

The store I visited (here in Albuquerque) said it was definitely 4th qtr. I guess a P&D rep was out here last week showing off the phone
    Buck!!!
    Always somewhere else

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Youre better off building a relationship with a store manager at a Tmo location. Keep in mind, unless theyve been around awhile, we'll hear about the new BB's before they do. Relaying that type of info has proven very helpful in the past.
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

option94 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im a Cingular rep and I know about it. Does that count? I also know a couple a T-Mobile stores are practically giving away 7105's around here in south Florida. Maybe they know more than they want is to think.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I know about it cause I'm cool like that But my master agents didn't even know about it when I asked them 2 weeks ago. Although when one of my reps came in my store last week, they mentioned that a Blackberry rep had talked to them but had something that they 'couldn't reveal yet'. So maybe it could've been a live 8100? I dunno?

Ook
    Ook no está en línea Stack level 2

Arrow Re: Tmobile reps and 8100

Also see these posts about the new 8100 Pearl on the Engadget Mobile section; I also heard/read that they're going to rid of the scroll wheel??! Don't know what that is all about, but I gues we can only wait and see!
    [edit]
    Oops, just now noticed the other topic about the 8100 - sorry for the crosspost/offtopic garbling

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I knew about it. I was told of a multi media bb about 2 months ago.

sDOTmelfi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c3a2e5

i went to my local tmobile store (76th or 77th and broadway in nyc) and he said they weren't sure if they were going to get the 8100 or not. he said there is a possibilty that they might get a (i can't remember which brand but) sanyo or samsung flip phone what would be on the blackberry network. it would have all the features and services from blackberry, but in a flip phone style. i haven't seen anything on this anywhere. does anyone know what he is talking about? he seemed like he knew what he was talking about.

viguera no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

No disrespect to any reps that browse here, but *most* reps you get on the phone have no clue about what's coming up. Most store managers don't know until 2-3 weeks before release, and the ones that do usually know because they start asking questions after reading sites like this...

The guys who know are on the engineering and procurement side. They get stuff *shipped* to them before it's announced, and the carriers will tell them to test and make sure it works.

Calling the rep -- unless he's in cahoots with the guys in the know -- will only result in you getting mostly misinformation and third-hand info... Case in point the rumors of the 8703e being gsm/edge or the 8705 being a qwerty 8100 -- both of which have been proven false.

Just my 2 cents.

duce95 no está en línea Stack level 1

sdo, the samsung phone is prob the T719 with bb connect. as an employee of tmo i knew about the device as we have a contest to win a 8100 that has been going on for over a month now. good stuff

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by duce95
    as an employee of tmo i knew about the device as we have a contest to win a 8100 that has been going on for over a month now. good stuff
    Is that for employees only? LOL

brodgar no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2589ceeb

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I work for tmo in the uk and we had an update yesterday telling us the 8100 is being launched in October.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast