Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have two things to say about this. 1.) My buddy does NOT subscribe to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

flurrz no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Tmobile FREE internet. 8100 pearl

Advertisement

I have two things to say about this.

1.) My buddy does NOT subscribe to the BB data plan, but he gets use of EVERYTHING without an extra charge. Hes had it for a few months now.

2.) I am on Tmo's flex pay, no contract. I am unable to use the browser or any other data programs that came with the phone, however, operah, jive talk, skype, google maps, and any other program that uses data works. I've gotten my bill with no extra charges. Not to mention, it would be impossible for extra charges due to the fact I have a flex account. Another nice little perk is that when I check my mins, it says I have used 27 mins, no matter how many I have actually used. I also somehow have free unlimited calling to any country too! Only thing that actually goes down are my txt messages

sarge_44 no está en línea Stack level 3

How is this possible? Is this something that is just a mistake of a few peoples plans or is it more common than that. Is this something that Tmobile is aware of. It would be sweet if it was common since I don't have a data plan.

sarge_44 no está en línea Stack level 3

How can you even get google maps without having a data plan

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

I don't think you can...........

I am not sure why google maps works. I hate the fact that the browser doesn't work. There's a lot of apps I want but can only get ota. One thing that might have done all this is the fact I think I got a new csr.

When I first got my pearl I wanted to use the messenger that uses txt messages. Well it would not let me on the network. So I called and he said this. "when you but your pearl, there is a free blackberry internet its supposed to come with. Its not full data but its so you can use your messenger service.".

On my bill I see "unlimited data" on it. But it does not charge me for it.

One other thing might be the fact that my flex account that they put 5 bucks into, won't go down. Its always full. I've called other countries and I even used more than the 1500 mins I'm allowed with no extra charge. Boy did I luck out.

laurie4563 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me

Quote Originally Posted by flurrz View Post
    I am not sure why google maps works. I hate the fact that the browser doesn't work. There's a lot of apps I want but can only get ota. One thing that might have done all this is the fact I think I got a new csr.

When I first got my pearl I wanted to use the messenger that uses txt messages. Well it would not let me on the network. So I called and he said this. "when you but your pearl, there is a free blackberry internet its supposed to come with. Its not full data but its so you can use your messenger service.".

On my bill I see "unlimited data" on it. But it does not charge me for it.

One other thing might be the fact that my flex account that they put 5 bucks into, won't go down. Its always full. I've called other countries and I even used more than the 1500 mins I'm allowed with no extra charge. Boy did I luck out.

wait until they find out.... at that point, i don't think anyone will want to be in your shoes... good luck though

I'm not sure if you know exactly what a flex pay account is. Look it up. They can't do crap.

Flex pay means that I am almost like a prepaid customer. I pay for the plan before I use it. Therefore I am not supposed to be able to use more than I paid for. Them sending me a bill would just not make sense for a flex pay customer, now would it.

Not to mention the fact that I am not on a contract with them, nor do they have my SS#. I'd say I've got nothing to worry about.
    Last edited by flurrz; 01-13-2008 at 03:50 AM.

hookupmycell no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2404427e
    thank you finally someone in my boat and who makes some damn sense !!!all these stupid scared tards talking about wait till you get the bill! imean seriously look up flexpay there is no bill !!

i have figured a way to get free internet and email on my pearl my post is on here too check it out

typeoholic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23eb5198
    lulz

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    i made a post about this with no response...i had an issue with my pearl 8100 in that i got a replacement phone and i couldn't get the oz app...after calling customer service and having them "test" my phone they ended up giving me a data plan but never took it off...it's been 5 months now and i don't get billed for it...it's just one of those things that they forget...this is the second time this happens when i get a replacement or upgrade my phone. the first time it lasted about a month but this time i'm still counting...the downside is that if i want to keep this fortunate plan, i'll have to keep my now outdated pearl cause i can't complain about not having a data plan that i'm not supposed to have to begin with.

DjGhettoSteve no está en línea Stack level 1
    expect a lot of these glitches to be fixed in the near future. the All-you-can-eat plans launched today and so they've had upgrades done to their billing/provisioning systems, and every time they do that, it ends up correcting a lot of glitches either by discontinuing "free" or "test" or "promo" features and having you call/go online to add a data plan that's current, or by replacing aforementioned features with the correct paid features automatically. Either way, the only real way to get unlmtd stuff without add'l charges is to start routing sms/voice/etc through google voice, but you still have to have the unlmtd data feature for that to work....

courtesy my buddy on another forum, here's the instructions:

Running T-Mobile.

Google Voice app for text messaging. (DO NOT USE THIS APP FOR CALLS AT ALL)
    GV Dialer to make outbound calls. (does all the calling thru google # automatically)
    All calls routed thru Google Voice #.
    Google Voice # put as myfaves #.
    Dropped to Myfaves plan to save $ (300min/mo, lowest they can go).
    Dropped internet/messaging plan to 400/mo instead of unlimited.

Saving $30/mo, and still have unlimited thru google voice now

****in awesome.

I love the fact you can log into google and reply/send sms messages like emails now too. Bomb.

Just want MMS on GV now and I'm set.

So far I've used 3 minutes and 1 text message all month billable (covered by plan haha)

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up update

Quote Originally Posted by DjGhettoSteve View Post
    expect a lot of these glitches to be fixed in the near future. the All-you-can-eat plans launched today and so they've had upgrades done to their billing/provisioning systems, and every time they do that, it ends up correcting a lot of glitches either by discontinuing "free" or "test" or "promo" features and having you call/go online to add a data plan that's current, or by replacing aforementioned features with the correct paid features automatically. Either way, the only real way to get unlmtd stuff without add'l charges is to start routing sms/voice/etc through google voice, but you still have to have the unlmtd data feature for that to work....

courtesy my buddy on another forum, here's the instructions:

Running T-Mobile.

Google Voice app for text messaging. (DO NOT USE THIS APP FOR CALLS AT ALL)
    GV Dialer to make outbound calls. (does all the calling thru google # automatically)
    All calls routed thru Google Voice #.
    Google Voice # put as myfaves #.
    Dropped to Myfaves plan to save $ (300min/mo, lowest they can go).
    Dropped internet/messaging plan to 400/mo instead of unlimited.

Saving $30/mo, and still have unlimited thru google voice now

****in awesome.

I love the fact you can log into google and reply/send sms messages like emails now too. Bomb.

Just want MMS on GV now and I'm set.

So far I've used 3 minutes and 1 text message all month billable (covered by plan haha)

well, mine still has the "free data" glitch. i did get scared they found out the other day cause i couldn't get online but apparently it was something else that made all blackberry's "hiccup" as is being reported (front page)....that's a good tip about google voice although i've never heard of google voice until now.

gr8cop no está en línea Stack level 3
    My daughter has had free internet on the pearl she has been using for over a year. My other daughter who is on the same plan, went to use my old 8320 and never had internet. I am not sure why this happens, but I tried to get an explanation, by going into a store. They check the service and both accounts have the same provisions. Therefore although one is not happy, I am not complaining.
    Went to the darkside and got a Vibrant!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12