Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by ski837547 It's not a coverage or hardware issue. This topic has been ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

teleberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F8AB7F

Re: Tmobile dropped calls on Pearl

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ski837547
    It's not a coverage or hardware issue. This topic has been discussed numerious times and it has been proven to be an OS issue and only in certain areas of the country.

Can't believe it is only an OS issue when it occurs on my GF's 8800, my pearl with several OSs and an old Nokia with the GF's SIM card in it.
    It may be a bunch of confounding factors, but if we can't get Tmo to solve the problem, they will need to let us out of our contracts, cuz these phones aren't useable.

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!

I had the peal for a year then my girl has is now. so far we have not had any problems with the pearl when it comes to calls. it might be thea area in which you are calling in. But the OS can also be the main issue here too.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by ski837547
    It appears only certain areas of the country are affected with this issue. The issue I'm referring to is where the call is still connected, but there is complete silence and nobody can hear each other. I was running .96 in California and never experienced the dropped call issue, but when I visited Dallas last month, I had the drop call issue numerous times in many areas. The signal strength was always good on both ends, so it wasn't the signal. The people that have reported this issue say the issue started when they upgraded their software to a release > .73 and disappeared when they downgraded.

So even though the .101 release is working where you live, you might experience this issue when you go to a different area of the country. I guess maybe the T-Mobile tower/network configuration is different in some areas and it's incompatible with the later os releases. Maybe this is why T-Mobile has not officially released an os past .64.
    Yeah i drove from PA to CA talking not a problem. But i could see the possibility of OS wreaking havok in some areas of the network as opposed to others. As far as why TMO has not released a new OS. They are making RIM fix the memory issue( deleting call logs and sms, yet another thing i have not had since the upgrade)my faves disappearing( no problems there either) and various other little bugs. Should be according to RIM coming out soon.

confuzzled no está en línea Stack level 2

I actually suspect it to be a capacity issue now that i think about it.

new york midtown during business hours is insane on bb usuage... just think about it.

i might be wrong, but just a guess

Murphdiggs no está en línea Stack level 1

Yea I have T- mobile and was experinceing alot of dropped calls but they just put up some new towers and they switch out my sim card since then havent had any problems, but for a while it was getting pretty frustratring
    And this is in Minnesota
    Dontcha know LOL little MN humor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123