Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by a4 moda DEFEINITELY an OS issue. I had that problem too, but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ski837547 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Tmobile dropped calls on Pearl

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by a4 moda
    DEFEINITELY an OS issue.

I had that problem too, but as soon as I upgraded, it was fine.

the Rogers OS had some issues, but very little, and it was only rarely.

The ATT OS doesn't have any issues at all with calls, but the phone runs soooooooo slow .....
    I definitely had a dropped call issue with the ATT OS (.96). But since upgrading to the .101, I haven't had any dropped call issues. It appears the dropped calls issue, at least the one where the call is not actually dropped, signal strength is good, but nobody can hear each other, is unique to T-Mobile and some of the later OS's.
    Last edited by ski837547; 07-16-2007 at 03:25 PM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    How's TMOs coverage out in NYC? Is it that bad? I never have any issues with dropped calls. Although I live in minneapolis and don't talk much on the phone. I usually always have 4 or 3 bars. My old phone always was usually had less when I was at home. Weird. Hope it gets better for you guys out there.

teleberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F8AB7F

My phone has been great on all OS's including .101 for the last weeks. Thatis, until last night. Now I am dropping every other call! Battery pull was no help, no other new software additions. What up?
    Maybe re-install the OS?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yea maybe a downgrade. It could just be a network issue to. It all depends. If it keeps happening then I would downgrade.

nockam no está en línea Stack level 1

My phone has been dropping the voice on my calls for months now 2\3 calls. I found this week that if i turn off my data services in the options menu under the mobile network settings everything is fine. So i wonder if its something with my email (lots of email) or Jive Talk, or something else with the data service completely.

laydeejj no está en línea Stack level 2

so far my favorite os is cingular .73... i have not had any issues since going to it!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by ayecrispy
    i dont know if its just a tmobile thing but after talking 4 hours continous still sitting in the same spot a minute later the call is dropped. It has happened twice. But that is the only dropped call I have had.
    that is the lenght of time the bandwidth will keep you on a tower before kicking you off. Built into the system 4 hrs or so max.

Also to the original post, i have 4.2.1.101 OS and have not had a problem at all. Prior to this i had rogers 4.2.1.94 OS and same thing no issues. Try your sim in another phone if you haven't yet and see if you have the same issue. By the way how old is the sim card? Is it a Gemplus? check the card it will say. If it is that was a crummy sim card that has major isssues with newer phones.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 07-23-2007 at 11:28 AM.

teleberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23F8AB7F

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    that is the lenght of time the bandwidth will keep you on a tower before kicking you off. Built into the system 4 hrs or so max.

Also to the original post, i have 4.2.1.101 OS and have not had a problem at all. Prior to this i had rogers 4.2.1.94 OS and same thing no issues. Try your sim in another phone if you haven't yet and see if you have the same issue. By the way how old is the sim card? Is it a Gemplus? check the card it will say. If it is that was a crummy sim card that has major isssues with newer phones.

It may be a SIM card or network issue. My GF has been struggling with this on her 8800 TMO since she got it. Works great for a little while then starts breaking up, missing words and occassionally drops completely.
    We tried her SIM in my 8100 and an old Nokia phone and it is the same.
    We are going to talk to TMO when we have time and see if anything, like a new SIM, will solve the issue.
    Interestingly, my 8100 started to do the same thing recently, not as bad, but for me it almost seems OS related. Worse on Rogers, better on .101 and best on ol' .064 tmo. What I thought was wierd is that .101 sounded great, better than all others for about 3 weeks, then went south. Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by teleberry
    It may be a SIM card or network issue. My GF has been struggling with this on her 8800 TMO since she got it. Works great for a little while then starts breaking up, missing words and occassionally drops completely.
    We tried her SIM in my 8100 and an old Nokia phone and it is the same.
    We are going to talk to TMO when we have time and see if anything, like a new SIM, will solve the issue.
    Interestingly, my 8100 started to do the same thing recently, not as bad, but for me it almost seems OS related. Worse on Rogers, better on .101 and best on ol' .064 tmo. What I thought was wierd is that .101 sounded great, better than all others for about 3 weeks, then went south. Huh.
    Best on .064 that is hillarious. ( not to revel in your misfortune) but considering the OS is a POS i think it is funny. I left .064 on my BB for ohhhh..... 15 mins. long enough to get enough charge to do the app loader.

Best on .064 that is hillarious. ( not to revel in your misfortune) but considering the OS is a POS i think it is funny. I left .064 on my BB for ohhhh..... 15 mins. long enough to get enough charge to do the app loader.
    At least the .64 release does not have the very serious dropped call issue that many T-mobile people have experienced in some parts of the country on all releases past .73. Check the posts in:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_4_2_1_a.html

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...liability.html
    Last edited by ski837547; 07-23-2007 at 01:54 PM.

tom_vachon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AE3FA5

I had to revert back, my Pearl gave me some funky messages running .101

Switched to rogers 4.2.1.94 then went to 4.2.1.101 not a sigle dropped call, error message or issue at all. Maybe i'm lucky?

Switched to rogers 4.2.1.94 then went to 4.2.1.101 not a sigle dropped call, error message or issue at all. Maybe i'm lucky?
    It appears only certain areas of the country are affected with this issue. The issue I'm referring to is where the call is still connected, but there is complete silence and nobody can hear each other. I was running .96 in California and never experienced the dropped call issue, but when I visited Dallas last month, I had the drop call issue numerous times in many areas. The signal strength was always good on both ends, so it wasn't the signal. The people that have reported this issue say the issue started when they upgraded their software to a release > .73 and disappeared when they downgraded.

So even though the .101 release is working where you live, you might experience this issue when you go to a different area of the country. I guess maybe the T-Mobile tower/network configuration is different in some areas and it's incompatible with the later os releases. Maybe this is why T-Mobile has not officially released an os past .64.
    Last edited by ski837547; 07-23-2007 at 02:47 PM.

KenGillis no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240341E2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have a pearl through t mobile, and have no problems. Sometimes when you are on the edge of a towers range, you may move outside of range through normal movement. Consult t mobiles tower map, and if you're still having trouble, contact t mobile for a possible handset replacement

Quote Originally Posted by KenGillis
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have a pearl through t mobile, and have no problems. Sometimes when you are on the edge of a towers range, you may move outside of range through normal movement. Consult t mobiles tower map, and if you're still having trouble, contact t mobile for a possible handset replacement
    It's not a coverage or hardware issue. This topic has been discussed numerious times and it has been proven to be an OS issue and only in certain areas of the country.
    Last edited by ski837547; 07-23-2007 at 04:30 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast