Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey Pinstackers! I have a Tmobile Pearl and it have been dropping calls for every ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kevin430 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Tmobile dropped calls on Pearl

Advertisement

Hey Pinstackers!
    I have a Tmobile Pearl and it have been dropping calls for every call I make no matter where i m standing.
    I was just wondering if any other Pearl users have dropped calls as well.
    Thank You.

Also, I was trying to download this Super Mario theme i found but the link didn't go through. I hope someone knows where to get this theme...^^

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...9-post255.html ---that's the theme that i can't download. HELP??
    THANK U
    KeVin 4 Sho~

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Tmobile dropped calls on Pearl

Hi kevin430,

I'm a T-Mobile Pearl user and have never had a dropped call. Even below ground in cement faults. So i can't help too much other than post that i have not had any.

As for the theme link? Seems the site is down and or the link is no longer available. I get the same results as you do.

ayecrispy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23ECC9F9

i dont know if its just a tmobile thing but after talking 4 hours continous still sitting in the same spot a minute later the call is dropped. It has happened twice. But that is the only dropped call I have had.

boomer79 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23df2588

I'm sorry that I can't help out on this. The only time i have dropped calls is when I'm in the basement of my house.I even had that my old phone a Samsung T315.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm on tmo and its great. I just came back from tenessee and on the way there I had a few dropped calls but that's about it.

BB Downloads
    www.*****.com

somebody7 no está en línea Stack level 2

I actually have dropped alot less calls w/my blackberry than w/any other phone. In the underground parking garage where I work at, I always dropped my call going into the garage, but have not dropped a call since I got my pearl.

Nivek2 no está en línea Stack level 2

Well its happened to me, but rarely. Its a great phone lol. BTW im also looking for that theme.

Silanieito no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm an avid TMO fan.. i admit.. before I used to get a lot of dropped calls..then i talked to a friend who worked for tmo.. and they said usually the drop calls can be a result of 2 things.. 1) Problems with cell towers 2) the cell phone itself.. I went through drop calls when I had motorola.. but now with my pearl I haven't had problems.. you should probably call tmobile and talk to their tech department.. if you have complaints.. i would probably hit them up for some extra minutes too...

ibz
    ibz no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, we have deployed 8300 and 8100 on uk O2 and users are getting dropped calls on the 8300 only, I have a large pile of "faulty" devices and the one thing i did notice is the fact they are all Made in Hungary, the Made in Canada ones have had not problems (touch wood). could you guys with problems check the country of manufacture.

thanks

Ibz

laydeejj no está en línea Stack level 2

i also have tmobile and was getting droped calls (they were connected but neither of us could hear each other) i only had it happen after upgrading to the rogers os so i have just gone back to the tmobile os.

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

i also have tmobile.....even i am facing the same problem...sometimes incoming call also drops automatically and the home screen stands there..the call log was messing and the msgs automatically delete...i dunt know whether it is the OS problem or the network problem

timboritus no está en línea Stack level 1

I drop calls CONSTANTLY! I work in NYC in Rockefeller Center and I can't use my phone at work. Basically the only time I can get stable service is when I am walking on the street. From my office, service is so inconsistent even when I am standing in the same spot with full EDGE support and 3 bars I'll drop calls. When I place a call it takes almost a minute for the call to actually go through, it just says "Calling..." And when i receive calls it will hold for sometimes a few minutes and other times i'll lose them right away, its almost as if the service changes with the freeking wind. I'll look at my phone and it'll say EDGE with 2-4 bars, then a few seconds later, NO SERVICE, Searching... when the phone hasn't even moved. UNACCEPTABLE. I always end up calling the person back, from my landline. so annoying. I don't understand how some people can have such fantastic service and I have such bad service with T-mobile. Its not just my location either. I'll be eating at a restaurant through a thin pain of glass and i won't get service. Sorry, i can go all day about this. I'm just waiting for my contract to end so I can switch to ATT.

Olympia no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Question Re: Tmobile dropped calls on Pearl

the previous Perl was fine (made in Mexico), was liquid damaged; I got a new one from Hungary - and it just sucks, dropping calls, bad reception, such a terrible speakers; anyone got the same problem/noticed difference between handhelds made in Hungary/Mexico?
    Last edited by Olympia; 07-16-2007 at 01:19 PM.

jax80 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23f8b97f

Quote Originally Posted by timboritus
    I drop calls CONSTANTLY! I work in NYC in Rockefeller Center and I can't use my phone at work. Basically the only time I can get stable service is when I am walking on the street. From my office, service is so inconsistent even when I am standing in the same spot with full EDGE support and 3 bars I'll drop calls. When I place a call it takes almost a minute for the call to actually go through, it just says "Calling..." And when i receive calls it will hold for sometimes a few minutes and other times i'll lose them right away, its almost as if the service changes with the freeking wind. I'll look at my phone and it'll say EDGE with 2-4 bars, then a few seconds later, NO SERVICE, Searching... when the phone hasn't even moved. UNACCEPTABLE. I always end up calling the person back, from my landline. so annoying. I don't understand how some people can have such fantastic service and I have such bad service with T-mobile. Its not just my location either. I'll be eating at a restaurant through a thin pain of glass and i won't get service. Sorry, i can go all day about this. I'm just waiting for my contract to end so I can switch to ATT.
    I think it heavily depends on your 8100's firmware...I had .96 and was getting dropped all the time in my apartment (here in NYC) ---upgraded to .101 and it's dramatically better ....i still drop a call here and there..but most of the time it's solid.

a4 moda no está en línea Stack level 2

DEFEINITELY an OS issue.

I had that problem too, but as soon as I upgraded, it was fine.

the Rogers OS had some issues, but very little, and it was only rarely.

The ATT OS doesn't have any issues at all with calls, but the phone runs soooooooo slow .....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast