As a statement on how slow TMO is to release an update it seems that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

7100sib no está en línea Stack level 2

TMO Releasing 4.2.1.103...Will Others Release 4.2.2 now?

Advertisement

As a statement on how slow TMO is to release an update it seems that their imminent release of 4.2.1.1.03 on 8/14/2007 may be an indicator of another sort.

As alluded to in the title, I am wondering if this means that others will be releasing 4.2.2 or higher in the next few weeks. I only say this because TMO is notorious for laggin a rev behind of the latest OS.

Therefore, if history repeats itself then you can bet within 30 days or so a 4.2.2 or higher Pearl OS will be released.

Let me know what you think....am I crazy or is this just stating the obvious.

SIB
    </SPAN>

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: TMO Releasing 4.2.1.103...Will Others Release 4.2.2 now?

Quote Originally Posted by 7100sib
    As a statement on how slow TMO is to release an update it seems that their imminent release of 4.2.1.1.03 on 8/14/2007 may be an indicator of another sort.

As alluded to in the title, I am wondering if this means that others will be releasing 4.2.2 or higher in the next few weeks. I only say this because TMO is notorious for laggin a rev behind of the latest OS.

Therefore, if history repeats itself then you can bet within 30 days or so a 4.2.2 or higher Pearl OS will be released.

SIB
    </SPAN>
    You are spot on. Other carriers are already looking into 4.2.2 S/w with improvements such as stereo bluetooth and such.

7100sib no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    You are spot on. Other carriers are already looking into 4.2.2 S/w with improvements such as stereo bluetooth and such.
    Do you have confirmation of this or just based on reading other posts, etc.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Do you have confirmation of this or just based on reading other posts, etc.
    No confirmation per say but reading posts on here, BB technical support center slips, other sites, speaking to RIM. Also as you said look at the past track record.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm thinking this may be the last of the 4.2 series. With the release of the newer devices (i.e. 8320, 8120), comes the release of the 4.3 OS.

At least, that's what The Outsider says. He does seem to always be right about these things.

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6

SIB
    </SPAN>
    You have a good point