I have a very simple question," Does the regular TMO internet work on he BB ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

zookybeanz no está en línea Stack level 1

TMO internet

Advertisement

I have a very simple question," Does the regular TMO internet work on he BB Pearl or does one have to get the blackberry internet plan?" I am a student and dont work for any corporate company so I just need internet for regular email and to browse the net.

I am confused cuz the TMO rep told me that only BB internet plan will work and not the regular tmobile internet plan. They offer same things just BB plan is 4 times more expensive.

Please throw some light on this matter........Thanx

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

Re: TMO internet

You need the BlackBerry plan, reason being that all the data goes through RIM's servers (the people that make BlackBerry), a regular cell doesn't have to do this but a regular cell also lacks push email and data compression before it gets to the device.

19 bucks isn't too bad considering other companys would charge you double that (and even more if you want to tether to a laptop) And the 5.99 plan isn't exactly full internet, many ports are blocked so things like IRC or BitTorrent won't work unless your software supports proxys. If you deside to tether you also have to setup the computer with the proxy. The BlackBerry plan doesn't have ports blocked and you're free to do what you want.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I believe you need the BB plan. I don' t think the T-zone plan works anymore. You can try and then set the APN but i think they might have blocked it. Maybe Opera and 3rd party apps might work...I dunno though.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah Tmobile has blocked all of that stuff from going through. It used to work, but when they switched into flex pay they fixed all those system malfunctions.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Yeah there's a 5.99 one that will just get you T-Zones and limited web browsing. If you get the $19.99 Data Plan you get the 10 email accounts including a Blackberry.net account, and unlimited internet access.
    Last edited by Justyn; 09-16-2007 at 01:44 PM.

zookybeanz no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanx a lot guys, I think I will get the $19.99 plan after all.

rw5579 no está en línea Stack level 3

you do have the option of doing $9.99 for unlimited email (but no internet) as well... if you can live without the internet