Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829 LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 427

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Sometimes pulling the battery is the only option. I'm not talking about ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #406
    justin.hylton's Avatar
    justin.hylton no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    241AA7C9
    Posts
    76

    Re: TMO Handheld Software (v 4.2.1.107)

    Advertisement



    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    Sometimes pulling the battery is the only option.

    I'm not talking about during an install, I'm refering to the qoute that states that pulling the battery is Never a good thing.

    Btw has anyone ever had another phone that required you to pull the battery so many times?
    I dig my pearl, but damn, if your gonna make a phone that requires such a hard power down, at least include an icon to get'er done quickly.

  2. #407
    Eddie_gauge's Avatar
    Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,970

    Re: TMO Handheld Software (v 4.2.1.107)

    Quote Originally Posted by justin.hylton View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    Sometimes pulling the battery is the only option.

    I'm not talking about during an install, I'm refering to the qoute that states that pulling the battery is Never a good thing.

    Btw has anyone ever had another phone that required you to pull the battery so many times?
    I dig my pearl, but damn, if your gonna make a phone that requires such a hard power down, at least include an icon to get'er done quickly.
    go to geekandproud.com from your blackberry browser and they have a program called soft reset. same thing as a battery pull.

  3. #408
    justin.hylton's Avatar
    justin.hylton no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    241AA7C9
    Posts
    76

    Re: TMO Handheld Software (v 4.2.1.107)

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yah, I'm familiar with good ol'Mr.colorPearls work. 2 Things, 1 I once installed 3 of G&Ps apps and later had to wipe my pearl because it never worked the same again. i don't know for a fact it was G&Ps apps that screwed up my pearl, but I think it was. ?
    And 2, is it a fact that soft reset does exactly the same thing as a bat-pull?

  4. #409
    Eddie_gauge's Avatar
    Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,970

    Re: TMO Handheld Software (v 4.2.1.107)

    Quote Originally Posted by justin.hylton View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yah, I'm familiar with good ol'Mr.colorPearls work. 2 Things, 1 I once installed 3 of G&Ps apps and later had to wipe my pearl because it never worked the same again. i don't know for a fact it was G&Ps apps that screwed up my pearl, but I think it was. ?
    And 2, is it a fact that soft reset does exactly the same thing as a bat-pull?
    1) i have colorpearl, soft reset, and autolock on my pearl since day 1 and have not had any issues. Maybe i just got lucky?

    2) yes it does the same thing as a battery pull. just like after an application loader the led light goes red and the phone reboots, that is the actual soft reset of the device the battery pull is just the only way to replicate that effect without software.

  5. #410
    Yogich's Avatar
    Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    417

    Re: TMO Handheld Software (v 4.2.1.107)

    I have given up on OS4.2.1.107. Just too damned buggy. The most obnoxious of the problems is the constant twirling hour glass. I did a side-by-side comparison of x.x.x.64 & x.x.x.107 ...the former twirled three times going into the Media card's Pictures area; the latter twirled 21 times, and I finally pulled the battery & started over. (I could go on & on, but why bother!)

    DST is also busted on both x.x.x.64 & x.x.x.107... so, since the former gets me where I'm going far faster... it's a no brainer.

    I'm afraid both RIM & TMO are going to have to do far better than the current offering before I am even slightly interested in staying with the update. I'm just not impressed. In my many years of reviewing and testing software, at least one publisher would not allow this current update to be available to the general public. It would still be in beta. I give this update a very poor rating.
    Last edited by Yogich; 11-01-2007 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Addendum
    ...Yogich

  6. #411
    jeffallen8's Avatar
    jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Posts
    1,734

    Re: TMO Handheld Software (v 4.2.1.107)

    Your phone goes through a start up process when it boots up. It takes a while the hour glass will twirl cause there is the OS to load and alot of apps to load. So there is one reason why it would twirl so much. Second! when you open your media for the first time since the phone has been turned on it has to go through and load your memory card and your phone memory.! after the first load up your phone will run so fast compared to older versions. So if your like me I shut my phone off once a week if that. My phone runs fast and smooth all day long!

    Also if your in a 3rd party apps and you push the escape button without actually exiting the program it will slow your blackberry down cause its using your RAM up. So if your ever find your phone acting slow go and close your apps!!!!!!!!!!

  7. #412
    JCG3's Avatar
    JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    306

    Re: TMO Handheld Software (v 4.2.1.107)

    Agreed with above.... i just tell my phone to turn off at 4am and back on at 5am. That way my apps are all closed and i dont have to worry about it. works out great and my phone and i can have some real sleep for atleast one hour every night... haha

  8. #413
    NR_Jetsetter's Avatar
    NR_Jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1

    Re: TMO Handheld Software (v 4.2.1.107)

    The download seemed to have missed up the pictures I had taken. When I downloaded them they are only partly there. I am also getting Random JUNK text messages now, which before this I never had an issue... Sucks because I don't do text's and I am having to pay for them. Games that I had do not work as well either.

  9. #414
    Eddie_gauge's Avatar
    Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,970

    Re: TMO Handheld Software (v 4.2.1.107)

    Quote Originally Posted by NR_Jetsetter View Post
    The download seemed to have missed up the pictures I had taken. When I downloaded them they are only partly there. I am also getting Random JUNK text messages now, which before this I never had an issue... Sucks because I don't do text's and I am having to pay for them. Games that I had do not work as well either.
    That is a little weird. When you say random text messages can you explain a little further? Where they are coming from, what is in the message etc. Also what carrier do you have.

    As far as the pictures are concerned you downloaded them? So are these new pictures you are trying to get or did you do a backup and restore to get them back on the phone.
    Post back with a little more clarification and we will see if we can get this straightened out for you. Welcome to the Stacks.

  10. #415
    Rudegar's Avatar
    Rudegar no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    36

    Re: TMO Handheld Software (v 4.2.1.107)

    I deleted my vendor alx file and ran the .107 exe file on my computer. Now I've decided BEFORE connecting my Blackberry to Desktop Manager to NOT upgrade from .64 to .107. What should I do to prevent .107 from loading onto my Pearl and how can I restore my alx file (I inadvertatnly emptied the trash so its gone.) Thanks!

  11. #416
    dlsolo's Avatar
    dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    457

    Re: TMO Handheld Software (v 4.2.1.107)

    All you would have to do is go to your Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the .107 Blackberry 4.2.1 for the 8100 Series Wireless Handheld. That way, the next time you start up DM, it won't ask you to installed the upgrade...

    Why don't you want to upgrade? .107 seems to be pretty good.

  12. #417
    tj2311111's Avatar
    tj2311111 Guest

    Re: TMO Handheld Software (v 4.2.1.107)

    Quote Originally Posted by dlsolo View Post
    Why don't you want to upgrade? .107 seems to be pretty good.

    Seriously. .107 is steps ahead of .64 IMO. Its a much better OS and its from T-Mobile so you dont have to remove the vendor files if your service provider is Tmobile. Which I assume he has (Tmobile service provider) since he has .64.

  13. #418
    dlsolo's Avatar
    dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    457

    Re: TMO Handheld Software (v 4.2.1.107)

    exactly...

  14. #419
    Rudegar's Avatar
    Rudegar no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    36

    Re: TMO Handheld Software (v 4.2.1.107)

    Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    Seriously. .107 is steps ahead of .64 IMO. Its a much better OS and its from T-Mobile so you dont have to remove the vendor files if your service provider is Tmobile. Which I assume he has (Tmobile service provider) since he has .64.
    Actually:
    1. It is a T-mobile unlocked phone. I reluctantly changed to AT&T. I liked T-mobile and have been a loyal customer since the Voicestream days. But their coverage in my office complex was a problem but not so for the other carriers. Discussed it with them etc and no solution so had to switch. Still have my Treo 680 on T-mobile.
    2. I decided to abort because I read so many negative comments in this thread and really am happy with everything in .64 except the inability to turn off screen brightness monitor.

  15. #420
    Djct_watt's Avatar
    Djct_watt no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12

    Re: TMO Handheld Software (v 4.2.1.107)

    I upgraded my firmware to the latest Tmo version, v2.1.107 Platform 2.3.0.83. I have a quick question regarding swithing suretype to multitap. I can no longer switch by holding the * key, and have to switch by using the menu. Does everyone else have the same problem? Secondly, I get an uncaught exception when using java programs like berry411, googlemaps, or Opera, and trying to switch input modes. . .

    Just wondering if I'm the only one with this problem. . .

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •