Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

having an issue. Im stuck on backing up third party for 1 hour what should ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

prel no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: TMO Handheld Software (v 4.2.1.107)

Advertisement

having an issue. Im stuck on backing up third party for 1 hour what should i do?

prel no está en línea Stack level 2

never mind usb problem

klubhead no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by nsarpong
    Mms still doesn't work, of course. But instead of coming back totally blank, it tells me that the MMS hasn't been received. Awesome!! It actually worked like 10 mins after upgrading, but it's broken again. Fantissimo!
    sometimes you have to go to menu>recieve content

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

Has anyone unlocked all the themes in the blackberry.alx file? If so, could you please post them? My favorite one has been the Rogers theme where I get the best battery life and the text size is the best. The TMo (US) theme is second best and the new Vodafone theme is pretty cool too, though I have to strain to see the display on it, a little.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Haider
    Has anyone unlocked all the themes in the blackberry.alx file? If so, could you please post them? My favorite one has been the Rogers theme where I get the best battery life and the text size is the best. The TMo (US) theme is second best and the new Vodafone theme is pretty cool too, though I have to strain to see the display on it, a little.
    Why don't you follow these instructions?

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...or_themes.html

Jaspreet no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E77069

ok i got updated.....
    at the last moment either say last step..
    waiting for device intialization...
    it said the desktop manger could not complete update cos the device uses a password that has not entered...
    i said it to give a retry...
    it made everything clear...
    and thank god i was updated...

but could not find out why that msg occured wen i was not using a password for device

rw5579 no está en línea Stack level 3

so far much better than 103, was having severe audio issues when using bluetooth... so far so good

Weird....I downloaded OS 107 using the link given here and went back to download the DM and what I get is all the special deals on phones by Tmo. So I clicked to download the detailed instructions for installing the OS and get the same result. So I checked and got the same page when I tried to download the OS again. Has TMo pulled 107 also, I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    Why don't you follow these instructions?

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...or_themes.html

Thanks Reddog....hehehe....I know how to modify the themes file, I was just being lazy. Guess I got rapped on my knuckles for that!

PIN/ID
    STACK

Thanks Reddog....hehehe....I know how to modify the themes file, I was just being lazy. Guess I got rapped on my knuckles for that!
    Oh I wasn't telling you I just asking a question.

Although those are kind of hard instructions, I always modify my alx file before upgrading anyways.

Simple instructions are these:

Navigate this path
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8100-v4.2.1.107_P2.3.0.83

Open the BlackBerry.alx with note pad or word pad
    Hit Ctrl + F
    Type in the box AT&T then hit the Find Next button
    Then I just plug my vendorID right after it says _vendorID="100|111|125|229" that would be TMO's number. Just stick in there after every one of those and you're good to go to update.

Should go from AT&T to Rogers, 9 different spots to stick in the vendorID. Then you should have them all.
    Last edited by reddog187; 08-25-2007 at 09:36 AM.

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    Weird....I downloaded OS 107 using the link given here and went back to download the DM and what I get is all the special deals on phones by Tmo. So I clicked to download the detailed instructions for installing the OS and get the same result. So I checked and got the same page when I tried to download the OS again. Has TMo pulled 107 also, I wonder?
    O.K. I thought it was just me. I to had that same issue trying to download the upgrade to my desktop. I use the desktop version of Opera as my internet browser on my computer and for some reason tmo site sent me into a loop as you have described. I resolved the problem by useing the regular internet Explorer. Hope that helped

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by stranjal7
    O.K. I thought it was just me. I to had that same issue trying to download the upgrade to my desktop. I use the desktop version of Opera as my internet browser on my computer and for some reason tmo site sent me into a loop as you have described. I resolved the problem by useing the regular internet Explorer. Hope that helped
    You guys know there's links to 2 different mirrors in that first post within the quotes. You can just grab it from there.

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    You guys know there's links to 2 different mirrors in that first post within the quotes. You can just grab it from there.
    Thanks for the advice red but it happened there also. Weired huh.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

So far so good. Haven't tried sending an mms yet. And the only thing that is bugging me is the multitap issue. Argh. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bb8100tmo no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: BES Question TMO Handheld Software (v 4.2.1.107)

Hi, can anyone tell me if the .107 upgrade (currently running .103) will require re authentication to the BES? The .103 "upgrade" required such, but the earlier upgrade to .64 did not. The reason I am asking is that this kind of stuff (re authentication, issueing a new PW) is a pain and wastes the time of our IT folks. Just trying to set expectations with that group. Thanks!