Hi everyone. the blackberry email works very nice on my pearl. The only question I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

xpsych07x no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EB3735

Tmo.Blackberry.net Email HELP

Advertisement

Hi everyone.

the blackberry email works very nice on my pearl. The only question I have is, can i view my bbemail from a site by using my pc/mac. Sometimes I want to check my bbemails on the computer but i dont know where to go. IF any one knows how, please help.

Thanks,
    -xpsych07x

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Tmo.Blackberry.net Email HELP

No unless you are using BIS 1.8 you can only check it from the BB, most likely you are not using that version of BIS especially if you are a new user.

PIN/ID
    23EB3735

What is BIS? lol

BIS=Blackberry Internet Service.

For T-Mobile you can login here:
    http://www.t-mobile.com/bis/

Or you can login to your "My Tmobile" here"
    https://my.t-mobile.com/login/MyTmobileLogin.aspx

And click on "Setup Blackberry Internet Email" and it will take you to your BIS account. If you dont see your emails in there and options to compose etc... you cant check them on the PC.

PIN/ID
    23EB3735

Hi dfc, I logined into the two link above that you gave me. and i found my email in thre "_____@tmo.blackberry.net" . and also found it in my "Setup Blackberry Internet Email" on my 8100. Can you show me the next step to check my emails on pc?

Thanks
    xpsych07x

If you have logged in to you BIS and dont see them then your not on BIS 1.8 which means you can not check them on the PC

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

xpsych07x, Is you Pearl your first Blackberry device? If so you are using BIS 2.x, as BIS the transition to automatically assigning BIS 2.x to new BB accounts dates to before the release of the Pearl.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

rivviepop no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by xpsych07x
    Hi dfc, I logined into the two link above that you gave me. and i found my email in thre "_____@tmo.blackberry.net" . and also found it in my "Setup Blackberry Internet Email" on my 8100. Can you show me the next step to check my emails on pc?
    You cannot do what you're asking on T-Mobile BIS -- the @tmo.blackberry.net email address is managed from your handset only, there's no way to use your PC to work with the email. In a nutshell, this email account shouldn't really be used as a primary email; you have no control over it (filtering, forwarding, spam, etc.) so I would advise never giving it out to anyone. I use mine to only send myself URLs and such to downloads.

Set up a free GMail account, then in the T-Mobile BIS email setup screen attach that to your stuff (you just enter the email and password, it does the rest of the work). This way you can do email on the PC, the blackberry or any phone running the GMail applet -- you'll get forwarding, filtering, and better anti-spam controls. A free Yahoo! account works perfectly fine as well, if you don't like GMail.

A free Hotmail account does *not* work, so don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by rivviepop
    In a nutshell, this email account shouldn't really be used as a primary email; you have no control over it (filtering, forwarding, spam, etc.) so I would advise never giving it out to anyone.
    You can add filters to any address setup with your BB by logging into your BIS account on a PC. Forward By adding a CC or just forwarding from the handheld although not conventional like most email services.

rivviepop no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    You can add filters to any address setup with your BB by logging into your BIS account on a PC. Forward By adding a CC or just forwarding from the handheld although not conventional like most email services.
    Well agreed, but these are not the filters you are looking for.. *waves hand jedi style*

The filters in the T-Mobile BIS are good for choosing whether or not to push email to your handset - that's it. You have no real filtering, which involves pushing mail to folders (or labels), sending autoreplies, or any other myriad of options. Those filters are good for what they do, but they're not the same as real email account filters.

The OP is specifically asking how to get a PC-like (sic) experience from their @tmo.blackberry.net account, and it's not possible.