I am planning on purchasing the 8220 for my wife when the 8900 comes out ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chipva no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Question TMo 8220 and email only option

Advertisement

I am planning on purchasing the 8220 for my wife when the 8900 comes out (for me ). But, since she is not a heavy phone user, I just want to get her the $10 email only option for her Flip. Can she sync it via Wi-Fi to her computer? Since we plan on using the UMA features, I was hoping we could simply have it sync her calendar and contacts to her PC via our home Wi-Fi connection. Thought? Ideas? Better options?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    when you say calendar/contacts, do you mean outlook? that won't cost anything. just use the usb cable

if you are syncing with google, you will prob need some sort of data plan. im not on tmo, so not completely familiar with their plans, but they do have some "other" bb plans to offer other than the ONE "blackberry data plan".

chipva no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Sure, the cable works, I was hoping for something a little more automated.

Since most of the time she will be in the house and on Wi-Fi, I was hoping there was a setting to only allow data via Wi-Fi or something like that.

Ideally, she could edit/add info on her calendar and when she walked into the house she would update it via her Wi-Fi connection.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    I know on the 8320 there's an option for wifi only. Manage Connections - Mobile Network Options - Connection Preference, you can set it to wifi only.

Also, you might want to ask a tmo rep about it, I also have unlimited data so it's no problem to sync anything.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.