Can movies recorded on tivo be encoded and played on the 8100 Pearl? I tried ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

teesea no está en línea Stack level 2

TIVO recorded movies on 8100 Pearl ??

Advertisement

Can movies recorded on tivo be encoded and played on the 8100 Pearl? I tried encoding one and although it said it was encoded it wouldn't work.

When I say "it wouldn't work" let me explain. After it was said to be encoded and I got it loaded into my pearl .... it tried to play but it played more like a FAST video. I tried following directions I've read here but wanted to be sure I wasn't wasting time trying with this movie. Any advice would be MUCH appreciated.
    I've never tried any other movie so didn't knoww if it was just tivo or something I'm doing wrong altogether.

Just incase it doesn't show. I'm fairly new with the BB and ALL of what I've learned about it so far has been from pinstack. Thanks sooooo much to all of you who take your time to help those of us (ME) who can't figure things out without ya.
    Last edited by teesea; 08-01-2007 at 12:19 AM.

AceBB no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: TIVO recorded movies on 8100 Pearl ??

Which encoder are you using? I recommend trying Blackberry Video http://gagnews.com/blog/dlu_blackbery/
    .:*~*:._.:*~*:. AceBB .:*~*:._.:*~*:.
    Everything you ought to know @ http://www.christopheraceto.com

nrcapes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6997B

Quote Originally Posted by teesea
    Can movies recorded on tivo be encoded and played on the 8100 Pearl? I tried encoding one and although it said it was encoded it wouldn't work.

When I say "it wouldn't work" let me explain. After it was said to be encoded and I got it loaded into my pearl .... it tried to play but it played more like a FAST video. I tried following directions I've read here but wanted to be sure I wasn't wasting time trying with this movie. Any advice would be MUCH appreciated.
    I've never tried any other movie so didn't knoww if it was just tivo or something I'm doing wrong altogether.

Just incase it doesn't show. I'm fairly new with the BB and ALL of what I've learned about it so far has been from pinstack. Thanks sooooo much to all of you who take your time to help those of us (ME) who can't figure things out without ya.
    I posted complete directions on how to use Super C to convert Tivo files to the Pearl. But I haven't been able to find the post under my user name. Super C does work but the results are very sensitive to the parameters that you set up. If you want to try to look for the post, search the 3rd party applications forum under "Tivo."

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by nrcapes
    I posted complete directions on how to use Super C to convert Tivo files to the Pearl. But I haven't been able to find the post under my user name. Super C does work but the results are very sensitive to the parameters that you set up. If you want to try to look for the post, search the 3rd party applications forum under "Tivo."
    I think this is the one you are looking for by you nrcapes: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...es_8100_a.html

nrcapes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6997B

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    I think this is the one you are looking for by you nrcapes: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...es_8100_a.html
    thanks much for finding it!