Since I got my Pearl a few months ago, I have had a problem getting ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

smythers78 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Time zone problem

Advertisement

Since I got my Pearl a few months ago, I have had a problem getting it to show the correct time when I change time zones. My other cell phones have automatically adjusted when I fly or drive to another time zone. The Pearl won't do this.
    In the Date/Time section of the Options, I have it set to Central time, which is my home time zone, and the Date/Time source is set to Network. When I am somewhere other than Central and I go to this setting, the device time will still be on Central but the Network Time will be correct. For some reason the phone isn't choosing to use the network time.

Any suggestions? I looked over posts but couldn't find anything.

Thanks

MidleAgesMan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8F7D1

Re: Time zone problem

There is a setting (under options?) that lets you choose the time source. If you choose Network that should solve your problem. My phone didn't self-adjust during a recent trip to Vegas. When I got back I found a thread with the answer on here. Apparently the default setting is NOT Network.

Sorry I can't be more specific but one of the more experienced users should be able to provide details.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have tried doing it in Network time source, my time zones would change... I think its like that really...

pin:23df22d7

lc75xx no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204B26E1

Date and Time source should be set to network. If it doesn't update select menu in the date and time and select update time. That should resolve the issue.
    Lisa

TAH
    TAH no está en línea Stack level 2

I was told by T-mo that the Blackberry COULD NOT adjust for time zones. Mine does not regardless of how the Time Source is set. I wish it did.

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

When changing time zones does it help at all to reboot the phone (basically just turn it off and then back on?) I used to have to do that with cingular as they would not just change the timezone when I switched time zones.

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by TAH
    I was told by T-mo that the Blackberry COULD NOT adjust for time zones. Mine does not regardless of how the Time Source is set. I wish it did.
    there's the answer.http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...time_zone.html

TAH
    TAH no está en línea Stack level 2

The time will not change, (like any other mobile phone from any carrier I have ever had in the last 15 years) to follow the time zone you happen to be in. I am new to BB but will not stay long with this issue. There are too many good email solutions out there now. Luckily, I only have a one year commitment. 9 months to go.

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by TAH
    The time will not change, (like any other mobile phone from any carrier I have ever had in the last 15 years) to follow the time zone you happen to be in. I am new to BB but will not stay long with this issue. There are too many good email solutions out there now. Luckily, I only have a one year commitment. 9 months to go.
    ok, well, buh bye then.