Every time I connect my Pearl to my laptop, it changes the time zone on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

auggiesurfer no está en línea Stack level 1

Time zone changes when I connect my Pearl to my laptop.

Advertisement

Every time I connect my Pearl to my laptop, it changes the time zone on my BB to Eniwetok time zone which is -12 hours as opposed to my Eastern time zone (-5 hours). It has done it on every pearl I've had. Why is it doing this. I checked my laptop's setting and it's time zone is correct. What can I do to fix this??
    Last edited by auggiesurfer; 08-04-2007 at 12:10 AM.

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Time zone changes when I connect my Pearl to my laptop.

Just wanted to say welcome to the stacks.

Someone will be by shortly to help you.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - j a n e l l
    Theirs more to life than cell phones...Theirs BLACKBERRY's

abcomputin no está en línea Stack level 3

In the desktop manager, under synchronize, there is a checkmark for "update device's data and time". Take the check off. This may do what you're after.

auggiesurfer no está en línea Stack level 1

DUDE! that was it! ive been trying forever to fix that! thanks a lot!

tonzds no está en línea Stack level 1
    thank you thank you thank you

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    I am experiencing a Timezone Change too -- of the sticky kind! I bought my BB in California and have been using it there. A couple of months ago I flew to Europe and changed the BB's timezone accordingly. Well, within an hour or two it reverted back to California time -- no, no connection to PC or laptop was afoot! I tried it a couple of times with the same result and then I gave up -- it is no big deal to mentally adjust the time reading.

PIN/ID
    244F596F
    I am experiencing a Timezone Change too -- of the sticky kind! I bought my BB in California and have been using it there. A couple of months ago I flew to Europe and changed the BB's timezone accordingly. Well, within an hour or two it reverted back to California time -- no, no connection to PC or laptop was afoot! I tried it a couple of times with the same result and then I gave up -- it is no big deal to mentally adjust the time reading.

PIN/ID
    244F596F

PIN/ID
    244F596F

PIN/ID
    244F596F
    WHY ISN'T THERE A "DELETE" OPTION UNDER "Edit"???