When I go to other time zones my phone will not display local time. Under ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Zemog no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    244e5f49

Question Time won't adjust to time zones

Advertisement

When I go to other time zones my phone will not display local time. Under options in date and time I select network and I can see the correct time on the network I just cannot see it on the phone display...any suggestions?? please PIN me if anyone can help....244e5f49

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemog View Post
    When I go to other time zones my phone will not display local time. Under options in date and time I select network and I can see the correct time on the network I just cannot see it on the phone display...any suggestions?? please PIN me if anyone can help....244e5f49
    Hey Zemog!

Welcome to PinStack!

The time on your device does not automatically change when you change time zones. That would be cool if it did, but unfortunately that is something you need to do manually.

dariusf no está en línea Stack level 1
    This just drives me crazy. Sprint would do it automatically on their network but T-Mobile does not. How hard is it to have a system time update function? but then I guess there is the phone side of the equation. Perhaps there is some software available where you can quickly change zones.

Konaver no está en línea Stack level 2
    i know..... my stupid Motorola razr could change time zones automatically but a blackberry smartphone cannot????? weird

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    BlackBerry devices do not adjust for time zones and it is like that by design. It has to do with roaming charges and also with isssues it can cause with calendar and message databases on the device.

justballdcv no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you really want to make the time change, adjust your time/date settings and set the source to your carrier instead of blackberry and it will automatically change, like the razors

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by justballdcv View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you really want to make the time change, adjust your time/date settings and set the source to your carrier instead of blackberry and it will automatically change, like the razors
    No, unfortunately this doesn't do anything. The OP even stated that he did switch that and it didn't help. I have mine set to network and it doesn't change time zones when I'm flying although my other phones have.