Hey Guys, I'm new here but I would love to know how long it takes ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

viaband no está en línea Stack level 1

Time to Receive New Messages

Hey Guys,

I'm new here but I would love to know how long it takes for my Pearl 8100 to download new messages to my outlook. It is just taking an eternity sometimes to download new messages when I know the message is sitting on the server. My service is T-Mobile. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask
    viaband, Welcome to PinStack.

Unless you're talking about intgrated Gmail or Yahoo accounts, the time it takes to pull messages from an account set up in BIS can vary from as long as 15 Min, down to one min, depending on serveral factors. The main factor is how long it's been since it last pulled a message. With no messages waiting on the server, the BIS Polls at ~ 15 min intervals.

When it finds a message, it will retrieve it and send it to your BB. Now, the interval will be much shorter, ~ 1-2 min. If it doesn't find a message on the next poll, it will slowly increase the polling inteval until it either finds a message or reaches ~ 15 min again.

All this is under normal conditions of course.

Hope this Helps and let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles