Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's an interesting issue, can you give some more specific details like RoGro mentioned? Did ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Advertisement

It's an interesting issue, can you give some more specific details like RoGro mentioned?
    Did you install the patch and see if that works?

Posted via smartphone

Dbspiel529 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The time is usually just a few minutes off when I realize. Usually it is about 3 minutes behind. It's not that the time zone is incorrect or something. It is just not keeping accurate time. RoGro, you asked what I am comparing it to: I am comparing it to the network time under date and time.
    I have not had a chance to install the patch yet because I need to back up my phone and everything. hopefully that will solve the problem.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Db, what you describe I don't think is all that uncommon. I just looked at mine and they are a minute apart right now.....one minute ahead, actually. Matt asked you what your carrier was. I'm on AT&T, so perhaps his assumption is correct that it is going to vary by carrier.

I remember a patch and maybe it's the one Steve has supplied you, but if I recall, this patch only addressed an issue with Daylight Savings Time when they changed the dates it occurred on. Could be wrong, though.

Cheers,
    Roger

I don't mean to be ridiculous, but of all a BB amazing features, the least it should be able to do is keep time or sync with the network. I have had many other extremely simple phones that had no problem with this I use my phone as my watch, that's why it is such an issue for me.

I understand, Db. You're not being ridiculous. It's one thing if the time was fast, but since it's slow for you, I can see where that would present issues for you.

Maybe it's time for an OS update to see if that doesn't rectify things.

ok thanks...how would I go about doing an OS update?

Well, first you need to find the latest OS for your device, which you can find here.

Then just follow these instructions and you should be good to go!

Please post back if you have any questions about or need additional help with the upgrade.

Cheers,
    Roger

Actually, use this link for your OS. Select your device (8120, isn't it?) and then select the second option, package version 4.5.0.257.

this sounds like it might work b/c i am running 4.2.1.108 and the newest OS is 4.5.... so hopefully that should do it. I will try it later tonight. Thanks for all your help.

Hope it helps, Db. Someone in the know is always around to assist when you're ready.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Reminder**

Backup first please.

Posted via smartphone

^^^ Yeah, what he said! It's in the instructions, but it doesn't hurt to remind again.

what a disaster...i synced my phone to update OS. in the middle of the update it said that the phone was disconnected (it wasnt) and it stopped. I plugged it back in and the computer wouldnt recognize it. when i try to turn on the phone the led just keeps flashing and the screen remains black. i was looking at different blogs and i think there might be a possible solution, but i have to wait till i have access to a pc tomorrow b/c they havent come up with a solution for this problem using the new mac desktop software. pray for my phone please

Oh man.....sorry to hear that.

This thread should help you with your issue. Has worked for many, many people......keep us posted and let us know how we can help.

Thanks so that's what I'm trying to do. I am running into 1 problem though...everything goes fine until the device initialization. when it reaches that step, the red light just keeps flashing and it never initializes. after minutes the computer will tell me that it failed. why is this happening? how do i fix it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12