Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I keep my blackberry set to network time. About once a week, I realize that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Dbspiel529 no está en línea Stack level 2

time problems!!! TIME IS WRONG. PLEASE HELP.

Advertisement

I keep my blackberry set to network time. About once a week, I realize that the time that my phone displays just changes. i go into date/time and it says that i am syncing with network time, but the 2 times are different. When i set it to off and then go back the time corrects itself. However, this keeps happening and my phone time is always slow. How do I fix this? I have tried setting it to sync with blackberry time, but that doesn't help. Other ppl have told me that it has to do with syncing your phone with the computer, but i haven't synced it that recently.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Has nothing to do with the computer sync. It sounds like an inconsistency with the connection to the carrier network. Who is your carrier?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Mine will do it when i load apps on my BB for DM. It sets time to computer time, for example as i usually keep my BB 5 min fast.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    On Verizon, I've never had a single BB keep network time, even when it's set to network time. It gets off a couple minutes a month, I just tell it to update time. Never really thought much about it.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I recall a while back (long while back) this very problem and there was a patch to download (i think?). When I had my Pearl I had to install it to fix the issue. I was using the original Pearl with the original OS (4.2.0.64).

What OS are you using on yours? If it's outdated you may try updating it and see if it fixes the problem. I can't imagine it's still happening on anything much newer than 4.2.0.100 on the Pearl line of phones tho?

Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    Has nothing to do with the computer sync. It sounds like an inconsistency with the connection to the carrier network. Who is your carrier?
    my carrier is AT&T. does it make any difference who the carrier is?

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I recall a while back (long while back) this very problem and there was a patch to download (i think?). When I had my Pearl I had to install it to fix the issue. I was using the original Pearl with the original OS (4.2.0.64).

What OS are you using on yours? If it's outdated you may try updating it and see if it fixes the problem. I can't imagine it's still happening on anything much newer than 4.2.0.100 on the Pearl line of phones tho?
    my phone is running v4.2.1.108, which according to you, should not be making this mistake. any ideas? i rely on my phone as my watch. that's why this is such a big issue for me.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I forgot to ask in my first post? Are you on BES or BIS? I will try to find the link to how to fix. It's been awhile, actually several awhiles ago.

Here is the patch OTA download link.

http://www.blackberry.com/dst2007/pa...oneupdater.jad

Zip File is attached.

I'm not sure if this will fix it so please backup your device first before doing anything.

I forgot? If your on BES then I would suspect it's not your device but rather your I.T Department that needs to fix an issue on the BES side.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by srl7741; 10-21-2009 at 09:51 PM.

I forgot to ask in my first post? Are you on BES or BIS? I will try to find the link to how to fix. It's been awhile, actually several awhiles ago.

Here is the patch OTA download link.

http://www.blackberry.com/dst2007/pa...oneupdater.jad

Zip File is attached.

I'm not sure if this will fix it so please backup your device first before doing anything.

I forgot? If your on BES then I would suspect it's not your device but rather your I.T Department that needs to fix an issue on the BES side.
    Sorry, but what's bes and bis. also, i dont have an I.T. department. i am a student and not affiliated with any company. would you still recommend downloading the patch?

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Backup you phone first
    Backup your phone second
    Backup your phone third

Then Backup your phone "just in case"

It can't hurt to see if it works.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Do you travel across time zones at all? This will also effect the time on the phone? Have you pulled the battery to see if the time corrects itself? There are actually other things that can cause the time issue other than what I was taking a stab at.

Do you travel across time zones at all? This will also effect the time on the phone? Have you pulled the battery to see if the time corrects itself? There are actually other things that can cause the time issue other than what I was taking a stab at.
    I almost never travel across time zones. I have pulled the battery out. See, the time corrects itself if i just change settings, however, a week or 2 later i find that the time is slow again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbspiel529 View Post
    I almost never travel across time zones. I have pulled the battery out. See, the time corrects itself if i just change settings, however, a week or 2 later i find that the time is slow again.
    So I just took out my battery and started up the phone and my time was not correct. Even if I set it not to sync with anything on the "off" setting, it still doesn't keep correct time. this is so weird. it seems like such a simple thing.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbspiel529 View Post
    my carrier is AT&T. does it make any difference who the carrier is?
    Was curious about the carrier and your coverage in your area. Just wondering if you're hopping towers/carriers and it's causing the problem. Do you notice it happening in any particular area?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    How much of a time slip are we talking about here? It's normal for the time to slip a few minutes here and there.

When you say the time is not correct, what are you comparing it to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast