I keep losing little random parts off my Pearl, granted, it is over a year ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

decibel no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Time for a new phone?

Advertisement

I keep losing little random parts off my Pearl, granted, it is over a year old at this point and extensively used.

Everything still works great for the most part, but i lost the gold latch button on the back that holds the battery cover on and just his weekend I lost the silver ring that goes around the trackball. it still seems secure but i'm afraid if i lose that next, i'll really be screwed.

is there anywhere i can get these random spare parts, or should i just get a new phone.

anybody else have these problems? what was your solution?

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    sorry I can't help you. I never had my pearls long enough to have those problems Always sold them for a newer one, and they were still new.
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

rendon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24354f43
    You can you to eBay and get all the parts you need ppl have phones that have messed up and sell them for parts~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    i supposed i can still try to convince my friend to sell me his white pearl. he had it (a tmobile phone with a 2gb sd) for less than a year then went to Verizon.

i've REALLY put this phone through the ringer. I'm so proud of it! ! i kinda feel even cooler having a black piece of tape holding the back down, just knowing it's been my constant companion for so long. haha! i'm such a nerd.

i'll give ebay a gander. thanks! i always forget to look there....

cschwatk no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl

Let me know what you find on Ebay...I'm having troubles getting my relatively new Pearl to work....software problems...but it's completely DEAD it seems...might be good for parts though!

PIN/ID
    i just went and bought the new 8120.

thank you all for your replies. I wouldn't have gotten this far with my Pearl without this forum!

<3

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I get all my parts from cnn.cn

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cfrench View Post
    I get all my parts from cnn.cn

wow, thanks!

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F
    www.blackberry8100parts.com is good too! They had everything you were looking for...how is the 8120 working so far?

dude...cnn.cn is way cheaper...nice find!

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Glad I could help.

PIN/ID

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by madetosink View Post
    how is the 8120 working so far?

oh, i just ordered it last night. I'll give you all a little review in a few weeks after i get it in and play with it for a while.

i'm ordering the parts i need too, so i can have a spare. God knows i've needed a spare in the past! (my poor first BB fell in a toilet at one point and after it still kinda worked (i know, gross), i smashed it against a wall out of frustration :-x )

PIN/ID
    I just got my 8120 today. My first impressions so far: i love that the SD card has the insert on the SIDE now - that's cool. It came with stereo headphones; awesome! and it came with a little case. I have one already, but it's nice that it was included. Also the suretype word predictions are cool too. Seems better, more like predictive text. it has a higher megapixel camera and does video. Lots of fun with that already. And the wifi is a really cool feature. Makes web browsing and instant messaging go a lot faster. Oh, and the buttons are a little bigger too. That's a big help!

i'm in the process of switching over right now. getting all my data and apps, etc loaded. It's taking forever.

I can give a better review once i use it for a few days.

PIN/ID
    oh, it also has a regular sized audio jack. WOO HOO!