I just got home after getting off the bus on my way home from work. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

RTWK no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241F3A19

Thumbs down This sucked...

Advertisement

I just got home after getting off the bus on my way home from work. Three larger-than-me people attempted to rob my phone. I am really holding back the profanity right now...

I did fail to password protect my phone. Something I must do. I also failed to get inssurance. With that said.. I did get it back after a brief struggle. Thank god for fast thinking. I swear to God.. I didn't think this **** would happen to me on a Staten Island bus in the afternoon. I guess I stand corrected.

I'm just so aggrivated because they wouldn't know what to do w/ this phone. It's not only my phone but also my portable modem. It is how my PCC 6700(that my friend really did find on the ground broken months ago and gave to me) gets online via bluetooth. Sure as hell not gonna pay sprint.

Anyway just thought I'd mention how much that sucked.

Now... I use a belt clip holster. Although I did have the phone on my lap at the time of the attempted robbery I would like to know if there are any recomended cases for covert transportation. BTW.. is there a low jack available? I'd love to track robbers and get the **** beaten out of them by larger friends who are not scrony like me.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: This sucked...

Damn that sucks man. Glad you were able to shake them and keep your Pearl! Also glad you didn't get hurt. Nobody is safe anymore...

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

sorry to hear about that. password protection rocks. i have a holster that securely straps on my belt so it could make for more of a struggle to get it off me. that is unless they unbuckle my belt and take it off

and being 6'3" and about 210ish kind of helps

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

I feel ya.Just gotta ware of surrounding man. Sometime you just dont know who to trust anymore...

Glad you got it back and that you are okay.
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Ya NasSsty no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AC9BAE

What i just did was buy clear sking/case for it and i keep it in my pocket, i little bit uncomfortable but hey!

proanim8r no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E693F2

Sorry to hear that.

They'd have to get past my Gerber to get to my Pearl

makija no está en línea Stack level 3

lol had that happened to me once but with my old phone i had some crapy lg phone and sony erricson w810i so as i was walking to my car an geting number from one phone on to other some native kids tried to pull some crap with me lol unlucky for them i had 15inch steel pipe in my car where they did the attack i think thoes kids will regret that ! lol

but ya sucks when people do that sometime they dont know how much phone is for some people

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I think that the most important tip is to back up your Blackberry. If they steal your BB you can buy another; if they break your arm a doctor can set it in a cast; but once your data is gone its gone for good.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt
    I think that the most important tip is to back up your Blackberry. If they steal your BB you can buy another; if they break your arm a doctor can set it in a cast; but once your data is gone its gone for good.
    a better one would be "but once your PIN number is gone, its gone for good"

i hate having to get so many different pins, i hope this one stays

RTWK no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241F3A19

Thank you all. Safefy first. Being aware of ones surroundings is quite important. As for the gentleman who says that someone would have to get past their gerber first.. well said. I was gonna start carrying something around that looks like a klingon sword but ultimately my friend wouldnt loan it out.

backing up data is essential.. I don't do it nearly enough which is why I would've been even more pissed if I lost my phone today.

BTW I've heard others suggest use of pockets to hold phones before. Not a terrible idea especially with something like a silicone stretchy case. That's how I used to carry all of my PDA's back in the day.. even my huge zaurus. So... it's something to consider but I really am fond of this holster.

Oh one question..... "Lock screen upon holstering: yes, no" well how does the berry know it's in a holster???? I always wondered this.

Daiikun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242A31A6

There is a magnet in the holster (if you're using the official RIM holster.) This will interact with the little silver bar on the back of the phone, putting the phone into standby. That's how it works. Pretty slick, huh?

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

Most of the time that is facilitated by the magnetic strip - take off your battery door and notice the attached padding on the inside.

Some models hide it more

Daiikun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242A31A6

Oh wait...sorry...metal bar = button to open battery cover. my bad. wasn't thinking really...