Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ITS SO BUGGGYYYY OMFG. SRSLY. Thats my rant. If anyone on here uses their phone ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ikonz no está en línea Stack level 2

this phone sucks, ya the 8120

Advertisement

ITS SO BUGGGYYYY OMFG. SRSLY. Thats my rant.

If anyone on here uses their phone as much as I do, youll know what I am talking about.

Ps. i figuired out how to turn off the shutter noise if anyone is interested.

edit: the trick only works sometimes for me. play a song and turn the volume down and then take a pic.
    Last edited by ikonz; 04-22-2008 at 02:12 AM.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I am interested on shutter noise turner offer
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

mrmoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Get A Curve
    Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
    | The DarkSide of PinStack | FAQ | Downloads |

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Take it back and get a Curve. It will have video with the new OS and it ROCKS!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

withnail69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i am at the end of my tether with this phone... Very nearly smashed it last night. If an OS re-install doesn't solve my problems I am selling it and getting the new iphone when it comes out. I didn't want to be a sheep I wanted to be different but this phone is just too buggy and complex. It doesn't even have a pop3 mail app. Should come with one as its got wi-fi. At the mo the wi-fi uses on this phone seem very limited

marigotrip no está en línea Stack level 3
    I upgraded from the 8100 and am very pleased. I don't use the video much, but the wifi makes the browsing much faster (it helps to add wifi networks as available, on top of the tmobile ones). The phone quality is great, and the 8G card and bluetooth stereo are the big drivers for me. Bill

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by withnail69 View Post
    It doesn't even have a pop3 mail app. Should come with one as its got wi-fi. At the mo the wi-fi uses on this phone seem very limited
    The G-Mail application from Google should be what you're looking for.

peterk no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think 8120 is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont get me wrong i just got my replacement do to LED being bad but other wise I LOVE IT. New OS is great.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Quote Originally Posted by ikonz View Post
    ITS SO BUGGGYYYY OMFG. SRSLY. Thats my rant.

If anyone on here uses their phone as much as I do, youll know what I am talking about.

Ps. i figuired out how to turn off the shutter noise if anyone is interested.

edit: the trick only works sometimes for me. play a song and turn the volume down and then take a pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by withnail69 View Post
    i am at the end of my tether with this phone... Very nearly smashed it last night. If an OS re-install doesn't solve my problems I am selling it and getting the new iphone when it comes out. I didn't want to be a sheep I wanted to be different but this phone is just too buggy and complex. It doesn't even have a pop3 mail app. Should come with one as its got wi-fi. At the mo the wi-fi uses on this phone seem very limited
    My guess is that this is a first time for both of you with a BB, and with a SureType device. Buggy these phones are not. The Blackberry OS is the most stable Mobile OS in the industry right now.

The phone does not "come with" a pop3 email app because its designed to be used with the Blackberry Internet Service to push email directly to you. If you choose not to use this feature, the Gmail mobile email app is what you're looking for.

I'd suggest working through the learning curve that is associated with the SureType keyboard. Once you're through it, you'll be amazed at how good these phones are.

If you don't have the patience, I would suggest exchanging for a Curve or a different phone all together.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    1. so you can't add your hotmail, or yahoo emails to the new 8120 via internet email setup?

2. camera shudder noise a prob

3. too buggy & complex (not sure exactly what's buggy or how complex, compared to the 8100??)

4. someone was having memory card issues in another thread

5. 8120 doesn't have video yet, but curve does or will with some new OS coming soon i guess?

what other issues have you neen seeing with the 8120??

i've had 5 pearls since it came out due to memory issues, trackball locking up, camera not working, etc. so i'm ready for an upgrade!!!!

just not sure if i want 8120, 83xx, or just wait for the 9000.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Not sure what you're looking for but the 8120 does have pop3 email capability, you just have to add the email account through your BIS, or download something like Gmail. I get pop3 mail accounts pushed to my phone via BIS - comes over Wi-Fi when I have it turned on. I guess I've been lucky because I haven't experienced any problems (other than figuring out how to handle a SD card formatted in another phone and that wasn't a defect or problem with the phone).

Edit to add: mudshovel: I have video recording on my 8120 - is that what you are asking? And the memory card issue is due to the card being formatted in a BB with an older OS. If you put in a new memory card, there are no problems whatsoever! And if you put in a card that's already been used, you just have to reformat with the 8120 and don't bring over folders created in the older OS and you will also be problem free! :-)
    Last edited by gritsinct; 04-22-2008 at 01:26 PM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I've also had 3 Pearls since January 2007. First 2 crashed and this one is slow but will work til I get the 8120.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Mudshovel: I have video recording on my 8120. What are you talking about?

In order to use POP3 e-mail, you have to either suscribe to Hotmail Plus, Yahoo or Gmail.

You just need to put it into your BIS account.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    thanks grit, latufu for the clarifications. I didn't really understand those concerns in the 1st place. i couldn't imagine the 8120 being a step back so to speak from the 8100.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel View Post
    thanks grit, latufu for the clarifications. I didn't really understand those concerns in the 1st place. i couldn't imagine the 8120 being a step back so to speak from the 8100.
    oh for a POP3 e-mail application, I suggest you try out Yahoo GO!, and the the gmail application...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast