Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Guys, I'm on my third pearl since September, and I am soo annoyed. T-Mobile is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

VIPatl no está en línea Stack level 1

Third PEARL

Advertisement

Guys,
    I'm on my third pearl since September, and I am soo annoyed. T-Mobile is telling me that my next replacement, they can only give me a Moto RAZR, since it is my 3rd replacement. Anyways, the problem I'm having is the fact my trackball won't scroll down. I've tried everything... using compressed air, soft and hard reset, even take the trackball out. I want to do a system reset, but I can't scroll down to get to that menu. Now what?

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Re: Third PEARL

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I personally haven't had to return mine yet, nor am I with T-Mobile. However, I have read others' stories about this. I haven't heard anything about them saying you can only get a Razr. You should be able to do a reset by pulling the batt while it's still turned on. What OS are you running? You could do an upgrade, maybe that would solve it?
    If you happen to live in Illinois, you could mention the new cell phone lemon law they recently passed.

Also, when you took it out, did you disassemble the trackball assembly? You could try cleaning the tiny rollers. Those can get dirty too.

Good luck

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ They are offering what's called an alternative handset exchange which you don't have to accept if you don't want it. I would ask for the 8800 if you want another BB or another Pearl.

I've done 2 handset replacements. They won't give me another one. And I am wishing they had the 8800 out for T-Mobile, but they don't yet. Is there any way to do a system reset without scrolling? I.e, via BB Desktop?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ They won't give you the phone you want? That's insane. I have been able to get any BB or phone I want.

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3

you should try to push for it and tell them that the value of the phones isnt equal, t-mo is usually the best with customer service, im sure if you argue with them then you should be ok

so no other way for me to do a system reset?

sbinder no está en línea Stack level 2

How long has it been since you have done your first two exchanges?

the last exchange was recent, less than 2 months

Ok the only reason that you would be required to do an alternate exchange is if you have done 2 exchanges within 90 days

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

App loader on the computer is that same thing as a wipe handheld as long as when you run through it you hit advanced instead of finish. If Tmo is forcing you to do an alt xchange on the phone b/c there have been 2+xchanges in 90 days and you do not want the alt phone go through insurance if you have it or through the manufacteror directly. As long as the phoen is in warranty if you go through the insurance company shipping is paid both ways, no deductable, and i think it is express delivery no charge as well. Manufacteror will make you pay for shipping and you will have to ship the phone out first, before they will ship one back to you.

If you have insurance through asurion the company Tmobile uses the deductible is actually 110. Now if you have done 2 exchanges within the last 90 days you should call back in and ask about just getting a pearl again. If they won't do that ask about a multiple exchange not alternate exchange ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

No deductable through asurion on in warranty exchanges. Ive tried and looked it up on their website.

Right sorry Eddie is correct

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

i too am with t-mobile and i'm on my 3rd or 4th pearl. i have lost track. i think the one i had to order today will be #3. the trackball issue VIPatl stated in his original post was the initial reason i had to get a replacement. this past saturday someone stole my pearl while i was at my buddies house. i say stole cause it makes me feel better than saying i was so drunk i don't know what i did with it. i scoured his house and to no avail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast