Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hi everyone, i currently own a tmobile mda phone and i must say it sucks..too ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kingofqueens no está en línea Stack level 1

thinking of picking one up but hows the ....

Advertisement

hi everyone, i currently own a tmobile mda phone and i must say it sucks..too big,, too heavy..and when i try to surf the web its very slow..i belive it only has a speed of 135 kbps..so no it does not have 3g..and when im in buildings i cant even get internet connection and sometimes i cant even make calls..a friend of mine has this phone and says its extremly fast..but he has a different service provider..so my question is..for those who have this phone and go thru tmobile..how fast would you say your phone is when your trying to load a website..for example on a good day..if im trying to check scores on yahoo it takes about 4 minutes for the page to load 100%..also..i have a friend who works at tombile and says she can get this for me brand new for $216..you guys think its worth it?

FORD no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes the 8100 pearl is worth the money. Depending on the size of the page, but most pages open in less than a minute.I have been a fan of blackberry for a long time since buying the 7100g in 2004. The pearl is a 100 percent upgrade.

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c

Re: thinking of picking one up but hows the ....

Hey! first off welcome to the stacks
    Now I have tmobile and to load a website it takes approx 15 to 20 sec to load a webpage... on very rare occasion it can take longer. I live in Northern Utah and the only time that I was unable to recieve service is when I was up in the mountains... but even then I was surprised how far i could go before i lost the service.
    As for the phone.. i was able to get mine for $10 off Wirefly.com (paid $50 but had a $50 rebate... processing was $10)... but I am a new customer so I don't know if you can do that for sure or not.. but it is worth checking into it.
    I would highly recommend getting it to replace your 'brick'

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks KingofQueens. I'm not sure why the MDA takes so long to load pages. It should have EDGE coverage like the TMO Pearl. I think you will find that the pages load much quicker. You will have a much smaller screen. Look around, you should be able to do much better on the price.

hey thanx everyone for the very fast and detailed replies..i will look around to see what kind of prices i can get..but i gotta get it within a few days..im about ready to strap this brick to a bottle rocket and shoot it up in the air..lol

one more question, i thought the black berry was a 3g phone, but on tmobiles website it says its 56 Kbps?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

TMO does not currently have 3G service. Hopefully within the next 9-12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    TMO does not currently have 3G service. Hopefully within the next 9-12 months.
    so even if the phone comes with 3g technology, im still gona get the same perfomance has my brick?

ok i went over to wirefly hows this sound, provider will be at&t plan is 450 roll over minutes, 5000 night and weekend minutes,contract term 24 months, and on the phone is says cingular...any opinions?oh the phone is $49.99 and it comes with a $50 mail in rebate..

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I had a sidekick 3 (sk3) before I bought my pearl and the web on my BB is faster than what was on my sk3.

I pay $20 a month for my data plan which is the same price I paid for my sk3 data plan. The pearl is much smaller and more comfortable to use than the sk3 was as well. And unlike my sk3 I'm able to download and use opera mini on my BB which allows me to use sites like myspace and even tmobile which I have a real hard time using on the regular browser.

I know the mda is a different phone than the sk3 but just wanted to share my experience switching from one device to the BB.

Good luck!!

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

kingofqueens welcome.
    I run a tmobile pearl, where I live I have 1 whole bar of service. NOT nocking tmo. even with 1 bar I still load a web page in less than 20 sec, I know that because thats the time out for my backlight.
    Tmo service is good, as most will say of their provider, however most will not say customer service is tops! If I have an issue, billing, coverage, whatever tmo is right there.
    They have served me well in vegas and now in jersey.
    also their data plan is the lowest I have seen.
    check your coverage here
    www.tmobile.com
    if it's good GO
    with tmo.
    if you have any other questions post them!

And no I don't work for tmo. I am just one hell of a satisfied customer!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Quote Originally Posted by kayos72
    kingofqueens welcome.
    I run a tmobile pearl, where I live I have 1 whole bar of service. NOT nocking tmo. even with 1 bar I still load a web page in less than 20 sec, I know that because thats the time out for my backlight.
    Tmo service is good, as most will say of their provider, however most will not say customer service is tops! If I have an issue, billing, coverage, whatever tmo is right there.
    They have served me well in vegas and now in jersey.
    also their data plan is the lowest I have seen.
    check your coverage here
    www.tmobile.com
    if it's good GO
    with tmo.
    if you have any other questions post them!

And no I don't work for tmo. I am just one hell of a satisfied customer!
    hey bro i have tmobile right now and there customer service is great i have no complaints, but the service of the phone is enough to make me want to throw it against the wall..soon has i walk in a building its all done..lol 40% of the time i cant make or recive calls, i cant make or recive text's..and my internet connection is eiter very slow or no connection at all..i mean no joking it litereally takes 4-5 minutes to load 1 page..

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

wow I have never had it take that long.
    I have 1 bar and it's faster than yours.
    what does the map show for tmo?
    Last edited by kayos72; 06-09-2007 at 11:41 PM.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Quote Originally Posted by kayos72
    wow I have never had it take that long.
    the map feature for coverage has me at 1 bar to nothing.
    and we have two pearls in the house.
    both about the same.
    whats your zipcode?

littleroc91 no está en línea Stack level 1

i need someone with t-mobile to call and get my unlock code,, ill give you my imei serial number and stuff just instant message me at littleroc91@aim.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast