i have the curve(8300) right now and i'm thinking of getting the 8110...couple reasons are: ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

joshua.sean no está en línea Stack level 2

thinking about switching from 8300 to 8110

Advertisement

i have the curve(8300) right now and i'm thinking of getting the 8110...couple reasons are:

memory card is located on the side!
    camcorder
    gps

should i get it or get the 8310....

its a tuffy..

joshua|sean
    joshua|sean

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I'm debating on getting the 8110 for the same reasons...I just like the compact size of the pearl...but idk..if its for size..I'd go for the pearl...but if its for certain specs (which I don't know much for the 8310-im assuming the 8310 is slightly better...I know the camera is)just check out the pros n cons n make your decision based on your findings...

But me personally...8110 would be the move...especially the titanium color that at&t has...awesome!lol
    Last edited by Ekzt1nr; 05-21-2008 at 07:14 AM.

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've been considering the reverse, going from an 8100 to an 8310. I only have one problem with the pearl, and that is screen size. I get headaches, eyestrain, even dizziness after extended internet browsing/email reading focusing on such a tiny bright screen. I cant really look at it continuously for any more than 15 minutes. A few of my friends have the curve and I could easily see myself staring at that thing the entire duration of a flight (ebooks, etc).

I can easily vouch for the fact that the pearl really does fit the pocket size mindset. It is totally non-invasive, comfortable, hidden little device you can keep on your person. It does not feel like some bloated large complicated PDA jamming your pocket up and looking geeked out when held to your ear in public. My only concerns are that the curve will be all these things. An uncomfortable, oversized, button laden device that just wont be enjoyable for all my other uses outside of web surfing. I also cant text worth a damn on it as my fingers constantly mash the close proximity of the keys, whereas no the pearl I text without missing a beat.

So maybe my opinions of the pearl will help shed some light. If you dont need a large screen I would say the 8110 is probably just right for you. Especially if you already have experience using the curve and dont care much for it. Me on the other hand, well I might be shooting myself in the foot if I upgrade to a curve and realize I dont like it.

ya the 8300 is not all that big, and the keys you do get used to them being so close together not it doesn't bother you..

i have had the pearl and i do find that i type fairly easy with it, but just having a bigger screen is just nice..
    joshua|sean

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    All you ppl should get a Curve. Once 4.5 OS comes out you will have the Camcorder features.

Via: 8320

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I went from the 77xx series to 71xx series to the 81xx series. It all depends on what you feel comfortable using.

ernsalas no está en línea Stack level 3
    I went from 83XX to 8100, i love the size and battery life is good.

When is 4.5 coming out again? I know I saw a post today of someone having a beta verison of it I think....