well its been awhile i been on the pc and as soon as i connected ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

blackberrypurrl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FFB987

think i deleted my OS

Advertisement

well its been awhile i been on the pc and as soon as i connected my pearl to the pc it wanted a update. I updated and towards the end my computer froze. I didnt think much of it so i restarted my pc unplugged the bb pearl and waitede for it to load. the pearl has the little icon that spins in circle and is like the loading icon i guess. so i pulled the battery after waiting like 10mins and when i turned it back on i discovered a icon with a circle, square, and triangle inside a big square with a circle crossing the image out like a no smoking symbol and underneath it there are numbers "543" . Im thinkin it swiped all the software and data because my pc froze. What can i do, i use this phone to manage my brothers landscaping business. Any help?

jforce1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Sorry to hear you're having problems. I've been having issues recently as well with the new 4.5 OS coming out.

I hope you backed up your berry recently cause it sounds like you'll have yo wipe your phone using "JL Cmder". Just google it and download the program.

It will totally wipe your phone and then you can restore everything using the Desktop Manager's "Backup/Restore" feature.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    In this thread

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...500#post770500

Hayden provides detailed instructions on how to restore the OS, even if the BB is
    not being detected.

PIN/ID
    23FFB987
    i posted over at that thread... anyways....
    Quote Originally Posted by blackberrypurrl View Post
    after i do the nojvm command and then it loads the screen and then it shows my device is connected but when i hit next to load the manager and it just restarts itself. and with jl_smder i hit wipe and it does exact same thing. i took a pic of this.
    http://www.screenshots.cc/show.php/6758_arms.JPG.html

PIN/ID
    23FFB987
    took a screenshot with the JL_ program and this is what it shows on my BB