Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey guys! So last night got a little out of hand, and to make a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

matt0810 no está en línea Stack level 2

There she goes...

Advertisement

Hey guys!

So last night got a little out of hand, and to make a long story short... I jumped into the hot tub with my pearl in my shorts pockets....:cry:

I think she might be a goner. I let the phone dry out all night and when i went to put the battery in today all that came on was the track ball and the message light. The track ball is green and the message light it flashing. I feel like this is giving me some false hope for survival but i have no idea what to do now. Anyone have any ideas on what to do next? oh and no i dont have insurance on the phone....

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: There she goes...

wow, sorry to hear that... Leave the battery out for a couple of days and see if it dries out. DO NOT turn the phone on! Just be patient... I know its hard but it might actually work

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

VanillaEps no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2F5CD

I, too, had to bid farewell to my first Pearl earlier this week. The best thing you can do right now is find ways to get it replaced. Move on from your loss. Remember and cherish the good times that brought a smile to your face. Maybe its the first phone call or txt message you received. Or maybe its the first PIN you got from a girl on the train. The driving directions that saved you from getting lost or maybe, its as simple as the phone call from mom that made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Ah yes the good times... How i remember them so. I think it was the first time i put a full episode of south park on the pearl and watched it in class that i truely fell in love... Im afraid if it doesnt dry out all the way im going to have to start the web of lies at tmobile, saying how i woke up and my phone turned on this way.... oh well for now though im back to rocking the old school samsung....

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Quote Originally Posted by matt0810
    Ah yes the good times... How i remember them so. I think it was the first time i put a full episode of south park on the pearl and watched it in class that i truely fell in love... Im afraid if it doesnt dry out all the way im going to have to start the web of lies at tmobile, saying how i woke up and my phone turned on this way.... oh well for now though im back to rocking the old school samsung....
    NO need for that...have you called T-mobile about getting your phone replaced. They have the some of the best customer service in the industry.

Blondiexpl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e9e043

hahahaha as sad as the story is, its hilarious! U must have been reaalllyyyy out of it if u jumped into a hot tub with ur bb in ur pocket!! but hey that seems way funn! LOL Hope that pearl gets better

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

how long was it in the hottub for, and when did you realize your phone was in your pocket?

oh it was a right away thing! See i went in with shorts then threw them off because i realized that just boxers would be a better idea for some reason. And as soon as i threw my shorts off while in the tub i realized what i had done!! I then immediately dryed it and took out the battery. It killed my buzz for a good whole 10 minutes or so till someone brought me another drink. But now my head is hurting this morning for a couple of reasons...

supraz no está en línea Stack level 2

Sorry to hear about the phone bro. I actually killed my pearl tuesday during an OS update... I called t-mobile and explained the situation and i got my new pearl from them on thursday... You should try to contact customer support and see if they can do anything for you. And about the web of lies... Im pretty sure that on the battery there is a white spot with a red line... I think that this spot will indicate if it has gotten wet before. Could be wrong though... Sure someone here will verify

Didnt know that about the battery. But ya i think yall are right about the web of lies. I think honesty is going to be my best bet. Maybe i will get lucky and find someone who thinks my story is funny and help me out a little bit. haha ah this sucks though, its almost like losing a friend or a pet at the very least lol jp of course

blkmz3 no está en línea Stack level 3

I think your pearl had a lil too much to drink.. light weight!

Cercopes no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D8D11

That sucks! you let it dry out overnight? I would have let it go for a day or two more depending on how moist the air was.
    FYI, getting your phone wet does not necessarily mean it is dead. Turning the phone on and sending an electrical charge through the phone, before it is dried out, is what fries usually fries it.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Use hair fan if u aint sure if its completely dry

I have to admit it is quit funny

Good luck

Dallas469 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E73B43

If you tell tmo your phone is malfunctioning and froze up they will send you another one. The catch is once they get your drunk phone they will charge you. The charge will be 100us dollars that's it. The idea is to not say its wet let them find out and the charge will show up as 100 dollas. My gf trashed my pearl and I lied and said the battery release popped out which it did before hand. So I got my new pearl and had to pay for the ran over pearl. It only cost me 100 instead of full price. By the way this is my third pearl. I love this phone. Thanks tarqt which is my gf another pinstacker. She beat that pearl the f up! Oh well I got another one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast