Had loads of themes, downloaded BB alerts and they all disappeared. Deleted BB Alerts, checked ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Rigsby no está en línea Stack level 2

Themes disappeared

Advertisement

Had loads of themes, downloaded BB alerts and they all disappeared. Deleted BB Alerts, checked that themes are still on handset but can't see them in options...themes. Please help

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Themes disappeared

what did you do before the themes disappeared, just downloaded BB Alerts? If you had some unlocked themes and performed an update, then you need to unlock them again. They dont stay unlocked after an OS update
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

How do I unlock them?

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...or_themes.html

go there and this will show you how...hope this helps

ssjason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243e1873

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The same thing happened to me. Sometimes they pop back up but most of the time they are not in my options

Does this apply to all themes I downloaded from Pinstack? Will those need unlocking?

rw5579 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rigsby
    Does this apply to all themes I downloaded from Pinstack? Will those need unlocking?
    the unlocking only pertains to the vendor specifis themes... ie... tmo zen, at&t orange etc.

OK, i'm still not able to see the non-vendor themes (iberry etc) - any ideas?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

OK, i'm still not able to see the non-vendor themes (iberry etc) - any ideas?
    What OS did you update to and what OS were the themes exported in? If you can list the themes and post a link to where you got them we may be able to tell you why. If the theme was not exported in your OS version it may not work for you.

I didn't update the OS, I simply downloaded BB Alerts. When it rebooted all my themes had disappeared from themes.
    I have deleted them under advanced options, reinstalled them, set permissions to allow, reinstalled plasmic theme reader, set that permission to allow. but still can't see them! aaaaaarrrrgh!
    I am using 4.2.0.61 (platform 2.2.0.35)

I didn't update the OS, I simply downloaded BB Alerts. When it rebooted all my themes had disappeared from themes.
    I have deleted them under advanced options, reinstalled them, set permissions to allow, reinstalled plasmic theme reader, set that permission to allow. but still can't see them! aaaaaarrrrgh!
    I am using 4.2.0.61 (platform 2.2.0.35)
    What if you try to download a new theme? I understand you want the old ones, but to test it out, Try going into options, themes, menu, downlaod themes. It should launch you to mobile.blackberry.net and there should be some free OTA themes. Try one of those and once the theme is downloaded pull the battery. When it loads back up see if the theme is visible. Post back and let me know what happens.

I don't have a data contract so I do it all via PC / .zip. I have tried to download another one off Pinstack but it doesn't appear

I don't have a data contract so I do it all via PC / .zip. I have tried to download another one off Pinstack but it doesn't appear
    which is the latest theme download that did not work? Can you post a link for me?

Just selected any old one as a trial:

http://www.cherrichiodo.com/com_plaz...e_puppies2.zip

As far as i can tell it should have loaded on with your OS. So, what i woudl suggest is to back up your info to the PC, and reload your OS without restoring the info or any of the other programs. Just load 1 theme. Make sure that theme loads with nothing else on the phone. Then once that is established reload your info and make sure that 1 theme still works. Then readd the other themes/ programs. If at any time you have an issue with the theme in this process it will narrow down where the problem is. You can get the latest OS here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...are_links.html and just in case you need assistance reloading the OS this thread should help http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfo...rade_your.html Post back with any questions and results as they come in.
    It is possible that the remnents of the problem program are still in the phone and a reload is needed to get rid of it.