Okay I have no idea why the theme I dl is not showing up. Did ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

naree no está en línea Stack level 2

theme issue

Advertisement

Okay I have no idea why the theme I dl is not showing up. Did everything and its the popular theme tinklerbell today plus love that theme me radio did. Good job I did battery pull outs and the permission is allow and I don't know what's the prob I have a blackberr pearl 8100 and dl the right one

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    Have you setup your "vendor" theme files correctly? This should help: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...or_themes.html

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Downloaded OTA or DM

Ota still tryna figure it but thanks everyone I really appreciate your advice

gypsytales no está en línea Stack level 2
    are you sure that the theme's platform is compatible w/ your phone's?!
    i had the exact samr issue a few months back- back then i had a Pearl 8100 w/ OS
    4.0 and i downloaded a theme that was OS 4.2.
    man, i musta spent 4 hrs going nutz an trying everything from re-booting to kicking the cat and it wouldn't work..
    then i downloaded and upgraded to the same OS as the theme and it worked like a charm...

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Have you tried a battery pull? Sometimes that's all it takes to get the theme to show if it is indeed compatible for your device.

Yeah I did a battery pull out don't work then I tried to do it on desktop m and then it said error when I tried to upload it to my blackberry and I did it right I think why did it say error how do you put the zip file on theme on the blackberry I'm so confused it worked before the first time I did it

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by naree View Post
    Yeah I did a battery pull out don't work then I tried to do it on desktop m and then it said error when I tried to upload it to my blackberry and I did it right I think why did it say error how do you put the zip file on theme on the blackberry I'm so confused it worked before the first time I did it
    1) when you say error, what does the error say? "no additional apps designed for your device found"? if so, proceed to this thread (post here or in that thread for assistance)

2) is the theme in your applications list, but not themes list? if so, what OS are you running? (go to options/about -- third line down)

3) instructions on installing a themes using your PC and desktop manager
    first -- see #1, you will need to follow those instructions first before trying to install. after you have done #1, then you can proceed to installing the theme.

Assuming you have it on your PC already, unzip the file. Plug BB into USB and open Desktop Manager. Wait for it to connect. Double click application loader and follow prompts to install theme using the wizard. The BB will reboot after its installed. After initialization, go to options/themes to activate.

And finally, what is the issue with OTA download? That is usually the easiest way to install a theme.

here_miah no está en línea Stack level 3
    Its simple and brainless, but a few will figure out how to mess up.....
    Tilt is fun with WM 6.1, but not enough to kill the need for my nw iPhone 3Gs!!!

Well the ota is the easiest way to get a theme but the issue about the ota some themes that I try to get thru ota doesnt show up under my themes its not there and basicly I posted this thread to find out why It dosent show up and yeah I do know how to install a theme pull out the battery after you install and its there in themes thanks everyone for your kindness and advice ill guess ill figure this out on my own

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    was it a 4.5 theme? if so then it will download and install but not show up in the theme list..
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."

Oh!! I think it was. gosh I'm so dumb xp thanks for telling me so that's why some themes I download don't appear under the themes thanks