Hi I'm a new Pearl owner and getting used to experimenting with it. As far ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Stevesol no está en línea Stack level 1

theme icons for sms and e mail

Advertisement

Hi

I'm a new Pearl owner and getting used to experimenting with it.

As far as I can see, only the basic BB theme screen has separate icons for SMS and e mail. All the others including the ones people post here have the same icon for sms and e mail. I prefer to keep these separate.

Is there a reason why they aren't split more often?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: theme icons for sms and e mail

yes.
    while in message application, go to options/general options
    scroll to the bottom - sms and email inboxes - choose separate

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by bipolar
    Dont listen to her, thats the self destruct instructions.. damn her.. she's always trying to mess with someone.

Heres what ya do, and it always works..

Tell the sms icon that the email icon said she was fat and they will split for good!
    If you're not going to be helpful please don't say anything at all.

PIN/ID
    23EB47F3

Scrolling through stacks today and seeing you're lame *** replies is really fu@king irritating me today.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Mamatried
    Scrolling through stacks today and seeing you're lame *** replies is really fu@king irritating me today.
    I second that.

Hi Cherri

I tried that but the last option at the bottom of general options is "keep 30 days2 or am I in the wrong place in the menu?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ya...i was afraid of that...i think it may be because i am running a newer OS than you.
    are you up to updating your OS?
    if so...then check here for the latest (it does have bugs)
    i would recommend reading the entire thread...or at least search for the bugs and fixes first...
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...y_8100_os.html

directions for upgrading your os here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

let me know how it goes

Hi Cherri

An upgrade looks like it needs more time to read through and learn! Afew questions if you don't mind helping a novice!

1. Just wondering why the vodaphone live theme that came with my phone does allow (and shows) different icons for e mail and text/media but none of the others do?

2. My desktop manager is showing as version 4.2.0.14. Does that need to be updated as well?

3. Also a different question - my machine is set up on my work server to receive work e mails. I'm playing with it at home on my pc at the moment and if I link up by the USB then desktop manager comes up with a message saying that it needs to encypt a new key to generate e mails. I'm guessing not to do that as it will much up my link to work e mails but is that correct?

Thanks

nickeeboo no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesol
    Hi Cherri

An upgrade looks like it needs more time to read through and learn! Afew questions if you don't mind helping a novice!

1. Just wondering why the vodaphone live theme that came with my phone does allow (and shows) different icons for e mail and text/media but none of the others do?

2. My desktop manager is showing as version 4.2.0.14. Does that need to be updated as well?

3. Also a different question - my machine is set up on my work server to receive work e mails. I'm playing with it at home on my pc at the moment and if I link up by the USB then desktop manager comes up with a message saying that it needs to encypt a new key to generate e mails. I'm guessing not to do that as it will much up my link to work e mails but is that correct?

Thanks
    Hi Steve,

I recently upgraded to OS version 4.2.1.91 (Platform 2.3.0.76) so hopefully I can answer some of your questions correctly.

1. The Vodaphone live them is probably Zen based - this theme had the feature of separating SMS/MMS and e-mail built in whereas lots of others don't.

2. The latest desktop manager (4.2 SP2) is ver 4.2.2.14 - doesn't hurt to upgrade but at least you have 4.2 so you can try applying the patch and see if it prompts you to upgrade when you plug the device in via USB.

3. I'm really not sure on this one - may as well ignore that for the time being.