I was just thinking that after all the years the BB has been around that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Theme builder ?

Advertisement

I was just thinking that after all the years the BB has been around that no one ever released a theme making program. Seem like a great idea and many would probably use it. Then you could design your own. I would even pay for something like this.

Another thing I would have thought would be around by now is someone releasing all the themes as individual themes. Instead of having to edit this and that people could just click a link and add them. I know Phantom and 2-3 oithers are around like this but why not all of the available themes ? Someone should be able to do this easily.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    There is a theme builder by plazmic you can use... Just can't use it for the 8100 yet since it was originally made for 4.1 not 4.2 (which is what the 8100 is on). Therefore we have to wait for the 4.2 from plazmic to be released.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Stacey is correct, Plazmic Theme Builder (PTB) is part of the Plazmic Content Development Kit and is available for download for OS 4.1 devices. There are tons of themes that have been developed for these devices. I am sure that Plazmic is working on an update for the PTB to cover the Pearl. As to someone releasing all the themes, it's a little more complicated than you make out as they are not really available as separate files for installation as far as I can tell, but embedded in one or more of the OS files that the BlackBerry.alx file uses to install them.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Thanks.

All I really want is the txt and pics in another folder from the emails. I want what 99.9% of all other phones have. An inbox and out for txt, one for PICS and one for emails.

I also want a call log that is not useless. One with separate incoming and outgoing lists. You use it now and it tells you nothing. No call lenght not if it was incoming or outgoing.

I have no idea why the Pearl would be missing these very very basic things found in 100% of every other phones.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Once you understand that the BB OS is not organized for individual Files and folders, but uses databases, it will be easier to manipulate all the lists that are displayed.
    All I really want is the txt and pics in another folder from the emails. I want what 99.9% of all other phones have. An inbox and out for txt, one for PICS and one for emails.
    This is actually the way the Pearl is set up. Emails and SMS are in messages, and Images are in Media. And there are preset filters to separate SMS, MMS and emails from each other. Check out the Search/Recall feature from the Message App Menu.

I also want a call log that is not useless. One with separate incoming and outgoing lists. You use it now and it tells you nothing. No call lenght not if it was incoming or outgoing.
    With a little effort, you can have this also. Again the Search/Recall feature. You can set up search filters and assign short cut keys to filter on just about anything you want in the message app. One of the preset filters will allow you to get your phone call log, and you can even edit it, assign a new Shortcut key and get just your Incoming or Outgoing Call Logs. Open any entry in your call log and it will give Date, Time and duration of that call.

I have no idea why the Pearl would be missing these very very basic things found in 100% of every other phones.
    It's not missing these feature, you just have to access them differently than on the other phones. You seem to want the BB to act exactly like a symbian or a Windows Mobile based phone.

Personally, I like how the BB OS is set up. It's a lot more versatile than the other phone systems and much more stable.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Thanks, I will try your suggestions. I dont want it to act like anything really, I just want the information is gives to be useful. If you look around this forum and any other BB ones you will see what I am asking about, many others have too.

Look at your Call Log ? What does it tell you that is helpful ? Mine shows about 10 items, mostly just a name and then a partial phone number. Thats it. You cant tell if they are incoming or outgoing. You cant tell how long the calls were. There is no way to even have it show the entire phone number unless you go ahead and call it back.

These are very basic things even my friends free no frills dumb phones show.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Look at your Call Log ? What does it tell you that is helpful ? Mine shows about 10 items, mostly just a name and then a partial phone number.
    Yes in the call log list it doesn't show what you want, but go to Messages/View Folders/Call log and see what is listed. Open any of the log messages and see what you find.

Also in call log list if you select an entry, click the menu button and select status, you will see the full phone number of that call.

The information is there, just not where you think it might be.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    go to Messages/View Folders/Call log and see what is listed. Open any of the log messages and see what you find.

Great. I totally forgot about that. That does EXACTLY what I want.

If that "Select Folder" would be a clickable icon on the home screen or had one click access that would be prefect.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    You can do an Alt+Shortcut to get it, as I explained before.

It's just one extra key press. Yes, it would be nice to have Icons for filter shortcut, but then I would have about 30 Icons on my home screen.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

spchitman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23fe3fd0

Re: Theme builder ?

http://www.mobile41.com/theme_tools.htm this is the link for plazmic 4.2 for the 8100 and anything running on 4.2

i wish i could help more on instructions but i am setting it up right now. So ill let u all know when i figure it out
    Last edited by srl7741; 05-24-2007 at 08:28 PM.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by spchitman
    http://www.mobile41.com/theme_tools.htm this is the link for plazmic 4.2 for the 8100 and anything running on 4.2
    PTB 4.2 is only good for the pearl for now. The 4.2 QWERTY devices don't have base themes in 4.2 so we have to use the 8700 theme builder in 4.1 to build themes for them for now.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

PIN/ID
    23fe3fd0

well i figured out ho to get it all done... i just wish that it had the today theme on it as well

PIN/ID
    23fe3fd0

ohh, and this is the theme i made.... if you like golf.

StevenInSTL no está en línea Stack level 3

These should be posted in the Themes Thread http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...themes-24.html

henny1919 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is there an ota link for this theme~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~