im using the pearl...the carrier is t mobile and heard the only difference is the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

triniboy no está en línea Stack level 2

the update

Advertisement

im using the pearl...the carrier is t mobile and heard the only difference is the auto dim...may i ask how is this feature..meaning would the screen become bright and stay for ever or does the screen stay how it is but wont turn bright every now and then like how it was before u would update......lol i hope understand me

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    you already have this feature on your pearl, if you update you just won't be able to turn the auto-dim feature off. I've gotten use to it dimming, but would still like the option to turn it off.

What it option does is in low lighting conditions the screen will dim, trying to save on battery power. Then in bright lighting conditions it will brighten so to you can see it in the bright lights and such.

Hope this helps triniboy

so if i update then the screen would not get dim......and just stay bright..thnkx for the input

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by triniboy
    so if i update then the screen would not get dim......and just stay bright..thnkx for the input
    Actually, if you update, you won't be able to turn off this feature, meaning that it will always dim.

oh, and may i ask how is the app runnin on the phone after u update.is it alot faster....any pros and con?