Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I finally got up the nerve to try the sugarcube trick to remove the "T-Mobile" ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

wblovett no está en línea Stack level 2

Lightbulb The Sugarcube Trick

Advertisement

I finally got up the nerve to try the sugarcube trick to remove the "T-Mobile" logo from my Pearl's housing, but didn't come out with no scratches as advertised. By the time I finished removing the logo, I had dulled the finish of my Pearl with tiny scratches over the entire area on which the logo had appeared.

GOOD NEWS - the scratch remover that I bought to use with my iPod works like a dream on my Pearl. Now the scratches are completely gone and the lustrous shine is completely restored. Now I'm feeling much better about future scratches on my baby. If I get 'em, I'll rub 'em off with Applesauce Polish (which, by the way, is the aforementioned iPod product, and not something that comes from in the grocery store).

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: The Sugarcube Trick

can you post a pic of what it looks like now?

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

where did you get the scratch remover. I have a little scratch and its driving me nuts

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    That is great to know. Thank you for the tip!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Thanks guys. I have no case on my 8703e, and Im worried Im gonna scratch it up.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

is this for the screen AND the body of the phone??

how does this compare to Displex Display Polish?

i haven't used either, but was interested in purchasing one. feedback from anyone that has used either?

do they do the same thing?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

There is something particularly satisfying about knowing that one can fix any scratch and make it as good as new again.

Here is a product I have used for a lot of different situations where I wanted to remove scratches from plastic.

http://www.noscratch.com/novus/

One of the advantages of this process is that there are three different bottles and grades of product so you always have the correct type for the job. In addition the #3 grade will remove the scratches from virtually any plastic no matter how severe.

I apply the #1 grade cleaner right from the beginning, when the device is new, before I incure any scratches. The benefit of this is that it provides a super slippery surface which repells skin oil, fingerprints, etc. Leaving the surface even more beautiful and enhancing the colors displayed.

I don't work for them, just a satisfied and in many cases "relieved" customer...
    Last edited by archer6; 10-31-2006 at 12:04 AM.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Applesauce polish available on eBay cheaper than through Apple.

I think the seller is the same as that who sells the ShieldZone Skin.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Applesauce-Polis...QQcmdZViewItem

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    can you post a pic of what it looks like now?
    Kinda hard to photograph, but here it is (hopefully - my first picture post).
    Attached Images Attached Images

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

at Shop4Tech.com, you can buy Applesauce Polish for $17.95 with free shipping.

Here is the link.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    There is something particularly satisfying about knowing that one can fix any scratch and make it as good as new again.

Here is a product I have used for a lot of different situations where I wanted to remove scratches from plastic.

One of the advantages of this process is that there are three different bottles and grades of product so you always have the correct type for the job. In addition the #3 grade will remove the scratches from virtually any plastic no matter how severe.

I apply the #1 grade cleaner right from the beginning, when the device is new, before I incure any scratches. The benefit of this is that it provides a super slippery surface which repells skin oil, fingerprints, etc. Leaving the surface even more beautiful and enhancing the colors displayed.

I don't work for them, just a satisfied and in many cases "relieved" customer...
    Did I miss something? What product are you talking about?

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Will someone please elaborate on the sugar cube trick? Why would anyone want to take of the logo?

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Will someone please elaborate on the sugar cube trick? Why would anyone want to take of the logo?
    I wet the tip of my index finger, dipped the wet tip into the sugar bowl, and gently scrubbed. It took a couple of minutes to remove the logo. Now, without the "T-Mobile" across the bottom, the handset is much better looking IMHO.

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I'm sorry but I just don't understand what the big deal about removing the T-Mobile branding is anyway. I mean, if you are ashamed to be a T-Mobile customer, why not use another carrier? Maybe is a young man's thing, like removing all the branding from your 2dr rice burners. Oh well. Just seems like a lot of effort and risk of damage for such a small thing. To each his own I guess.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast