I'm primarily a Mac user, and I've come across an issue that has me confused. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

orcberg no está en línea Stack level 2

The Pearl, The Bluetooth, and the Mac

Advertisement

I'm primarily a Mac user, and I've come across an issue that has me confused. I am trying to transfer pictures and files from my Powerbook to my Pearl via Bluetooth. Now if for example I go into the Media section of my Pearl and select the receive via bluetooth option, it sends but gives me an error on the Mac. Nonetheless, it's successful. I can't send multiple files at once though, I have to pick recieve via bluetooth each time. I can't browse the device either -- if I try to do that, it complains that I don't have the services required. So I go under Bluetooth manager, and this is what I get...

When I try to browse:

On the BlackBerry's Bluetooth options, the screen gives me the following info for my Mac:

Trusted: Yes
    Encryption: Enabled
    Services:
    • Bluetooth-PDA-Sync
    • OBEX Object Push
    • Bluetooth-PDA-Sync
    • OBEX Object Push

Yes, the items do appear in duplicate like that on the list. Any idea what the issue is here or how I can correct it?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: The Pearl, The Bluetooth, and the Mac

Am I lost because you have a mac, probably. Could someone else please help out...

aergern no está en línea Stack level 3

Yes. I can help a bit .. Blackberrry syncing via bluetooth isn't supported in iSync. You can push your addressbook but that's about it. You'll have to use PocketMac or Missing Sync for Blackberry if you want to properly sync your Pearl with your Mac. At the moment this is how it is. I don't like it, but I deal. I have the feeling that the only way this will eventually work is if RIM (PocketMac) or Missing Sync build this support into their products. Apple has the iPhone coming out and will probably focus on it .. as much as that notion sucks.

Give PocketMac or Missing Sync a try. I use Missing Sync for Blackberry and quite like it.
    --
    Faith is the truth of passion.
    Since no passion is more true than another,
    faith is the truth of nothing.

lornewalton no está en línea Stack level 1

aergern, you've answered my question, I think. Do you know if anything has changed with OS X 10.5.x? I.e., do I still need Missing Sync? Is there no other way to "connect" once one is "paired"?

I've just tried "pushing my address book" from Pearl to MacBook Pro, and got a message "Waiting for MacBook Pro" which persisted for 45 minutes... until I managed to turn off the Pearl.

On turning it back on this morning, the BlueTooth light continues to flash. How do I abort this attempt to connect via Bluetooth?

Thank you!

BassX no está en línea Stack level 1

OP, I may be over-simplifying your problem, but I have an 8130 and have been able to send multiple files at a time from my iMac to the device. In my case, there were several photos and ringtones that I wanted to send to the device. In order to do so, after the phone was paired with the computer, I used the "Bluetooth File Exchange" application in the utilities folder on the iMac to transfer the files. Once I selected all the files to transfer and hit send, then I went into the menu on the 8130 and selected "receive via bluetooth." As for the address book, I use the missing sync and it works great for that, but it currently does not support sync via bluetooth. I had a Q previously, so I got a cross-platform upgrade to Missing Sync for BB for $20. If it matters, my Mac OS is leopard (10.5.1). Good luck.

aimili no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm also having this problem and it's so frustrating. I can transfer files using bluetooth to any other phone, just not my pearl. I do have PocketMac, but I don't see any options on there to send music files. It's only able to sync calendars, e-mails, stickies, etc

BassX no está en línea Stack level 1

I just tried this again to confirm. I sent an mp3 file to my media card using the Bluetooth File Exchange utility on the Mac. Assuming you've paired the BB with your Mac, open the Bluetooth File Exchange application, then select "File" and "Send". Browse to the file you want and click "send". It should pop up a window that shows your paired BB as a device and you then highlight the BB and click send. Then, you have to take one more step to get it on the Pearl. In order for it to work, you have to open the "Media" application on the Pearl. Once in, you can press the menu key on the BB and hit "receive via bluetooth." I will say that if you are planning on transferring a lot of music files, it seems to be very slow.