Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by SDP Has anyone tried putting a 2gb mem card in the pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by SDP
    Has anyone tried putting a 2gb mem card in the pearl as yet or is there a limitation?
    2gb cards with any OS higher than the original release from tmo (4.2.0.42)

Los22 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204D4CDB
    Does anyone have the Super C software avail where I can D/L it from?
    The links previously posted don't seem to help & I wanna play with my BB Pearl & videos.

alindley no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23DF1E23

Encoding in Mac OS X?

Has anyone gotten video encoding to work in Mac OS X? I used MPEG Stream Clip to encode the video as AVI to the same specifications as listed in this thread but it errors out in the Media Player. If I encode it MP4 it will play the audio but no video. Any thoughts?

Shuluke no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: The Original: Video encoding for the 8100

Hey guys i have ran into an interesting problem. I have been reading up on this article and I just ordered 2 512 MB sticks for 8 bucks. Anyway, as i was trying to test it using my sisters 32 MB card, when i put the phone in mass mode, I can stick a clip in the movie folder, but when i open up my media icon and then video icon, i dont see the movie. All i can see is up and preloaded media.. i looked everywhere for it and i couldnt seem to access the movie folder. But when i open the bb using the software given to me on cd, i clicked on the media manager and add a folder which i call movie. I can see the folder if i do a search while in the video folder it shows it. Anyone have any ideas to help me put my files in the mass mode folder and have my phone recognise it? Thanks!

Shuluke

Sometimes you cant just take a memory card from one phone or device and use it in another you need to use the device or phone's Format feature to properly format the card to that device.

Note: formatting a memory card will erase everything on it.
    Last edited by EvolutionCSR; 11-30-2006 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Grammar error

Shuluke no está en línea Stack level 1

That was such a fast response. I was scanning the posts and I happened to see the format post. Thank you, I will look into it when i get my memory. This is a very helpful forum.

Shuluke

boinaajay no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Got Video working on 8100 good

HI
    COuld u pls expln in detail how to download the player and use that.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j.paycheck
    Hi everyone,

Wanted to share another method I found on another forum (no credit here)... I havent tested but according to the feedback this works very well...

Will output to an mpeg4 .avi file:

Download the MPlayer encoder from here:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html

(Sorry for the "DOT" not a stack level 2 member)

I would reccomend the KR or SE version because its a ZIP file (same content as US).

You don't need the codec pack for encoding to the proper format for the 8100

Then in an MS DOS window encode with:

Code:
    mencoder -vf scale=240:180 <input file> -o <output file> -of avi -ovc lavc -oac lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=230:acodec=mp3:abitrate=64
    Note that with the above code, the <output file> has to be an avi, but the <input file> can be just about anything you can play on your computer.

Also Note that if your input file is widescreen, this will compress it down to Pan-and-Scan ratios. You can play with the "scale=240:180" option for widescreen input and output.

According to the source this "Works like a dream".

hpmcdonald no está en línea Stack level 2

One problem I have with video on my pearl is determining the settings for wide screen movies. I use slysoft software (Any DVD, Clone DVD Mobile) to create a media file, and use BB video generator to format it for my pearl. It works great for television shows, but 16:9 aspect ratio movies are squashed.

I've used the Super progam, but I never could figure out the best combination of settings for sound and picture that would match the BB video generator settings, but with 16:9 aspect ratio. Any ideas?

RogerS no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Shuluke
    ...when i put the phone in mass mode, I can stick a clip in the movie folder, but when i open up my media icon and then video icon, i dont see the movie. All i can see is up and preloaded media..

While the blackberry is in mass media mode the expansion memory seems to only be accessible via the external computer. My guess is that this was done for simplicity to avoid file access conflicts between the BB and the linked computer. The files you can see (preloaded media) are only visible to the blackberry which explains why you can see them while plugged in externally.

In order to see the expansion memory from your blackberry again just unplug the USB which releases the lock.

hpmcdonald no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB
    I have reviewed all the posts on this thread and still haven't found an answer to my previous question.

Does anyone know the settings on the Super program that matches the video and sound quality of the BB video generator, but allows for wide screen (16:9 aspect ratio) movies to show wide screen (similar to the letterboxing on TV's when I play the movies there).

benjr63 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have been searching that site allover and cannot for the life of me find the download link? what am I missing?

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

I think they took it down as when you click the download link it just loops back to the same page.

I am not sure whats going on with the download link for Super C, I will look into it.

For now I uploaded the version I have on my PC and you can get it here:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/nd0i7z

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I downloaded it last night. It took about three or four tries to get to the download page though, Go the the Classic 505 error, but finally got thru. Haven't installed it yet though

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

benjr63, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast