Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ DFC, very nicely done. Note to RIM: Give the Pinstack crew pre-release ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: The Original: Video encoding for the 8100

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DFC, very nicely done.

Note to RIM:
    Give the Pinstack crew pre-release phones and get them to write the manuals instead.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

But Ben! That's part of the fun!

Kind of like being dropped off in the middle of Hong Kong with a translation book that only tells you how to say "hello, goodbye and where is the bathroom" then being expected to find your way to an airport and get on a flight back to the USA.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

I've gotta try this! Anybody used the second way?

vcg
    vcg no está en línea Stack level 1

Question? The video runs like a champ, but the volume is low on the playback...yet the handset is turned up all the way. Does it have to do with the encoding settings? I am using the Super C software.

Thank you for time

desjr7359 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DECE1A

Video is great, audio is great. Is there a way to get to full screen (without seeing the video player)? Losing alot of video with that. Or is there an alternate video player?

malcriado no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30505e13

ok i'm an extreme NOOBIE when i comes to converting video to play on the Pearl.....

how do i convert a dvd to play on the Pearl, i downloaded the super C program...but how do i get the dvd movie to convert? the only video i convereted so far were videos that were already avi and wouldn't play on the pearl once i dropped them into Super C they worked on the pearl, but now i'm ready to move on to bigger and better. DVD movie to the pearl...if anyone could help me out i'd appreciate it! THANKS!!

PIN/ID
    23DECE1A

Actually, you could just rip it from the DVD with something (DVD Shrink 3.2 comes to mind) and then covert it with Super C. Or purchase a program like Xiisoft DVD Ripper which would rip and convert to MP4, and from there you could convert to AVI for your pearl.

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

ok before I try this method what is" MS DOS"?

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

ok I just had to put this out there cuz I am so syked this works. If you have ever backed up a DVD using DVD Shrink then listen to this. Back it up like you usually do as a WinRAR file but Re-Arthur it and Custom Ration it down to at least (Ex: X-Men 3 @ 75% = 3.5GB after Super C conversion = 500MB) Well the picture quality is phenom but the sound is so low it's not watchable, well hopefully the Steroe Headset I ordered will make a difference.

thirst4may no está en línea Stack level 1

While viewing the video, is ther a way to make it a "fullsize" video? I'm talking about the scroller/volume indicator/play/stop buttons on the bottom and the clock on top. I just want to view the video

shill79 no está en línea Stack level 1

No way as of yet to view video in full screen

beazy86 no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: The Original: Video encoding for the 8100

For all the people who are having sound issues or who just do not prefer to work in ms dos, there are many gui frontends for mplayer. The one i use MediaCoder , is a front end for mplayer and ffmpeg it has many different options , one of which is to adjust the gain db aka volume of the video. It maybe be just a tad slightly slower than encoding directly in dos, but it has drag and drop batch encoding and you can pause/resume. You can d/l it for free (its freeware) at

www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=MediaCoder
    Last edited by cp6169; 10-07-2006 at 07:39 PM.

PIN/ID
    23DECE1A

I've not had much luck with Mplayer (am on windows here), maybe I'm not downloading the right files. Could you point to the correct file as well? Thanks in advance.

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

You might not want to try the mplayer way if you are not familiar with Command Prompt.

PIN/ID
    23DECE1A

I'm familiar with DOS commands, just so few applications are used from the Command Prompt these days, that I just didn't consider that. So, I've used Mencoder to limited success, and when it does work, it works very nicely. However, with Mediacoder, I'm having no luck, it's not allowing me to encode in H.263 at all, it gives me an error message, but will allow me to encode with any number of other encoders. If I can get mediacoder to work, it would seem to be my preference, as you can increase the volume, and is better for multiple files, while the Mencoder (atleast for me), is a file by file process.

I like the Super C, but unfortunately it doesn't allow me to convert files in a 240x180 format, the formats that it does allow are either too large or too small (just like the Goldielocks, I'm looking for just right ).

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast