Thank you, trying it out now.... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: The Original: Video encoding for the 8100

Advertisement

Thank you, trying it out now.

robl45 no está en línea Stack level 2

hi,

I have lots of experiencing with copying dvd's for backups, but I usually just pull them off as ISO format. Is there a way to go from ISO straight to compressed for pearl format?

I guess what I'm asking is, what is the easiest way to go from original dvd to pearl format?

Also, the settings for super I followed from the original post and while I haven't tried anything yet, isn't the screen setting going to be too large?

jeffphillips no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2402c21b

The first vid i put on my BB was "Reefer Madness" in it's entirety - 1:12, 165mb using the seabyrd encoder thingy - seems a little faster at encoding for the BB as well compared to the OP's tool... However, it's *very* picky at how the source is encoded. Thankfully, it's brainless/painless with VOB's and other "popular" formats that are torrented around.

I've got all 4 seasons of Farscape and about 15 TopGear episodes currently loaded. Vid playback and sound is dam good on this thing considering it's a phone (and i also use it to VNC to servers and my desktop PC at work), but i wish there was an alternate player that got rid of the controls on the bottom at least - nice that the battery, clock and network status is there at the top and not taking up much room, but the player controls seem like such a waste of screen space!

achilles83 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    yes

Question Re: The Original: Video encoding for the 8100

is there anyway to make the video fit the screen on the 8100? someone? anyone? it would be cool to see the video a lil better.

hostl no está en línea Stack level 1

I just loaded the movie 300 from DVD onto my phone and it works perfectly, full screen and volume is loud enough that i actually have to turn it down( mostly cause it sounds distorted because the little speaker cant handle it) but thanks for all the help and info on this subject. One more reason to love my phone. It brought it down from a 4.4 gig movie to a 250 meg file.

imayam no está en línea Stack level 1

i dont have an encode button my thing!!!! how do i get it !!?? i looked all around!!

well I used blackberry video encoder, I played the thing on the computer, looked fine, copyed it to the pearl and it says file not valid. There isn't anything to screw up on blackberry video encoder, any ideas on what I"m doing wrong? I just got the pearl today and was hoping my encoded videos woould work no problem. I got the ramble IM client to work so I'm not a total moron

Re: i've tweaked the hell outta Super for days...

I used these settings and it won't play the file. I used AAC audio though as I wanted stereo. Anyone else having luck with this?

Quote Originally Posted by hipcat
    and the results of my labors are as follows: (for the best video experience when you download super, set it's settings as follows and at least on my phone (t-mobile pearl) and in my opinion, you'll get the best combination of picture quality, sound quality, image size and fit, final file size, and functionality of the built in controls, and its a format our phones will play) i've been watching simpsons and family guy on the subway and lovin it.

output container: mp4 (mpeg-4)
    output video codec: DivX
    output audio codec: AMR-Narrow Band

radio button ffmpeg selected
    video scale size: 320x240
    aspect: 3:2
    frame/sec: 14.985
    bitrate 160k
    options: hi quality and stretch it are checked

audio bitrate: 11kbps
    dvd lang select: default

note that after starting a video or moving to another point in the video your player needs time to recover, usually 5-10 seconds despite that the video begins to play immediately there is still a lot of processing going on in the background, you can tell the player has "caught up" by the fact the seconds field in the time elapsed counter will tick regularly rather than skip or lag and it should now respond properly. good luck!

well as an update, after playing with this for a long time. I find the settings quoted in my previous post worked pretty well on Super. I finally encoded video with Nero Recode which actually did it right without the audio being off and such. Clone DVD Mobile has got to really be the easiest of the bunch as it lets you just take the IFO from a dvd and go right to a small size movie, but I don't like the fact that you don't have much choice on size or anything.

The blackberry video converter is nice, but you have to make an avi first and the file sizes keep coming out twice the size of other solutions such as clone dvd mobile and super.

nrcapes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6997B

Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    Finally got video working full screen and can work the controls for the player.
    Here it is:

Go to http://www.erightsoft.com/home.html then freeware tab>super>download, then install and open the program.

Now you have to edit some of the settings.

1.Select the Output Container= avi
    2.Select the output Video codec=H.263
    3.Aspect=11:9,4:3 or 1:1
    4.Frame/sec= 14.985
    5.Bitrate kbps= 64-576

Now right click on the program and select specify the output folder destination and put wherever you want the files to be saved, change this because I am pretty sure the defaut folder is not set right.

Now drag and drop your file into super and hit Encode(active job list files).

Next go to your output folder select the file you want on your BB and copy it, now connect your BB and enter mass storage mode and paste the file into your BB video folder.

If you need any help or have problems PM, post here or Pin me and ill try to help

Also for reference the output file size is less than the original in some cases only half the size or less depending on the bitrate the smaller the bitrate the smaller the file size but the video seems to get more pixelated

Also to add, the above settings work but im sure with a little tweaking it can work even better. changing the framerate is what made controls work for example going from 14.985 (working controls) to 25(controls dont work).
    This used to work, back in January. The new build of Super C has other options that need to set, and the ones you recommended originally no longer work. When the file is transferred to the 8100, I get a message "Error on playing video." I have tried MPEG-4 within .avi as well as the H.263 codec and neither of them work anymore. I wish I hadn't iinstalled the new build of Super C over the old one!

Anybody have experience with the latest build of Super C and the 8100?

what is the latest build?

luvnbb no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks j paypaycheck for the new forum info

luvnbb no está en línea Stack level 1

clueless abt the latest build explain a little more

nrcapes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6997B

Quote Originally Posted by luvnbb
    clueless abt the latest build explain a little more
    The latest build of Super C is v2007.build.22(Mar. 14. 2007).

It apparently adds support for some codecs and pops up an option screen when the H.263 output video codec is selected. It took me hours to find the right combination to transcode a Tivo recording to the 8100. I will post the parameters on another thread.

I have the latest super build apparently, it pops up that message, I pick the h.263 option and it plays fine. I am also using the mpeg4 output that someone else posted and that is working fine too.