Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

OK two questions: 1. Using these directions I was able to get video files into ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: The Original: Video encoding for the 8100

Advertisement

OK two questions:

1. Using these directions I was able to get video files into my new 8800 and they start playing but then freeze up, then play again, then freeze up. I've done a few videos and have run into the same problem w/ all of them, any suggestions?

2. Is there a way I can tweak the settings so that the video fits the 8800 media player screen.

I'm an extreme beginner when it comes to this stuff, please be kind.

Edit...OK I used the BlackBerry Video Encoder provided by baconismidog and wow!! That works freaking great, thank a lot, please disregard the above (was trying some of the previous methods in this thread).

Edit again...OK one problem, videos are playing great w/ no bumps but the video shows as a small box in the midde of the media player, how do I adjust this? It seems that maybe this is not possible yet on the 8800?
    Last edited by mcgowan08; 03-01-2007 at 01:45 AM.
    PIN - 24053627

doncamel no está en línea Stack level 1

i'm kinda new to all of this and have been trying to use the blackberry video converter but keep getting the message "Error : unable to execute the external program. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

I have closed all other applications on my computer and keep getting the same message. If anyone has any advice for me i would genuinely appreciate it. Thanks.

baconismidog no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by doncamel
    i'm kinda new to all of this and have been trying to use the blackberry video converter but keep getting the message "Error : unable to execute the external program. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

I have closed all other applications on my computer and keep getting the same message. If anyone has any advice for me i would genuinely appreciate it. Thanks.
    When in doubt, restart the computer. Something has the video you want to use locked up (less likely - something has mencoder locked up). Either way, you can fix it by doing a restart. OR, you can look through the task manager for your media player application and if you see it kill it (mplayer.exe, wmplayer.exe, itunes.exe, etc.).

If that doesn't help, pm me.

B
    Blackberry Video Converter
    Click on my google links so I can buy myself a pearl, I gotta see these videos for myself!

doncamel no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks a bunch! got it working now.......one more quick question.....do i have to decrypt the dvd before encoding it?

PIN/ID

Question Re: The Original: Video encoding for the 8100

As a follow up on my previous post. Any advice on getting video to fit the media player screen fully on the 8800? I've played around with the settings but no luck to date. Again I'm an extreme newbie when it comes to encoding video so please bear with me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    PIN - 24053627

Quote Originally Posted by mcgowan08
    As a follow up on my previous post. Any advice on getting video to fit the media player screen fully on the 8800? I've played around with the settings but no luck to date. Again I'm an extreme newbie when it comes to encoding video so please bear with me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    medium setting does not work? What version are you using (check the rocketship, I was being lazy and did not increment all the in program notes)

MEdium should be 320x180 - that should fit the screen perfectly
    Click on my google links so I can buy myself a pearl, I gotta see these videos for myself!

Quote Originally Posted by doncamel
    thanks a bunch! got it working now.......one more quick question.....do i have to decrypt the dvd before encoding it?
    Yes. My program will not decrypt videos.

WHY? Landlocked US citizen here - subject to all applicable laws and penalities including but not limited to the RIAA sending me the "cease and desist" letters. I am also a legit businessman and don't want to be associated with anything shady - the exception obviously being all you Pinstackers

JK

B

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

ah, I just found I can do this with quicktime on mac. (sorry didn't read all the posts to see if anyone else commented about it.) If you have QT pro, just export to 3gp and use format = h.263, qcif 176x144, then on the audio tab select AAC... transfer them to the Pearl as is, you don't have to change the file extension.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by baconismidog
    medium setting does not work? What version are you using (check the rocketship, I was being lazy and did not increment all the in program notes)

MEdium should be 320x180 - that should fit the screen perfectly
    Under the video tab when I deselect maintain aspect ration and select Medium resolution (the only option available, I'm unable to select high or low) once I convert the file and trasfer it to my device via desktop manager the video plays and sounds great but shows as a small box in the middle of the media player screen. What am I doing wrong? I'm using version 1.13 by the way.
    PIN - 24053627

Under the video tab when I deselect maintain aspect ration and select Medium resolution (the only option available, I'm unable to select high or low) once I convert the file and trasfer it to my device via desktop manager the video plays and sounds great but shows as a small box in the middle of the media player screen. What am I doing wrong? I'm using version 1.13 by the way.
    Does that happen on all videos you try or only the one in question? What type of video is it? Could you run it throught g-spot for me (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/)? I have seen that happen once with a .dat file I made from a DVD.

meechie no está en línea Stack level 2

ive got some questions.. you guys probably answered this already.. but im too lazy too look for the answer at this thread.. too many ;p anyways.. here goes...

i got the super c... got it workin.. but im not sure if that's the best it can be... its blurry on my 8100 but not on my comp.. it doesnt show the whole screen.. cuts some parts of the movie.. (coz i downloaded "borat" it has subtitles... cant read everything on my pearl) so.. is there anyway to fix that? make it clearer? if its possible.. can u guyz teach me.. i dont know how.. tnx u guyz in advance...

here's how my super c's configured

ouput container: avi
    output video codec: h.263
    out audio codec: mp3

video:
    video scale size: 352:288
    aspect: 11:9
    frame/sec: 14.985
    bitrate/kbps: 96
    options: hi quality
    48 k audio

audio:
    sampling freq:22050
    channels:2
    bitrate/kbps: 96

-let me know if i have to change any of those.. to make my movie play any better..- tnx.. and also.. if i do have to change any of those? do ihave to convert the original movie.. or i can do it in the converted one already..- tnk u much2! love this site!

PIN/ID

Does that happen on all videos you try or only the one in question? What type of video is it? Could you run it throught g-spot for me (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/)? I have seen that happen once with a .dat file I made from a DVD.
    To answer your first question it has happened w/ a couple video's I've tried. They are both videos taken on my Sony DVD camera that I captured into my computer. I tried to run the video trough g-spot and I'm a little lost, can you offer a little more intruction? I'm a bit of a beginner. I have been able to get this video to play fine using the pearl screen size on medium or low resolution, it obviously doesn't fit the screen width wise but plays fine. If I encode it on high resolution using the pearl settings it get's choppy. Still having the same problem using the 8800 settings, video shows up as a small box in the middle of the screen (but plays smooth and sounds good).
    PIN - 24053627

To answer your first question it has happened w/ a couple video's I've tried. They are both videos taken on my Sony DVD camera that I captured into my computer. I tried to run the video trough g-spot and I'm a little lost, can you offer a little more intruction? I'm a bit of a beginner. I have been able to get this video to play fine using the pearl screen size on medium or low resolution, it obviously doesn't fit the screen width wise but plays fine. If I encode it on high resolution using the pearl settings it get's choppy. Still having the same problem using the 8800 settings, video shows up as a small box in the middle of the screen (but plays smooth and sounds good).
    To use gspot: Install it. Just open the video from gspot (file/open). Email me a screenshot of the gspot program (click alt+print scrn and paste it into word or paint (if paint, save it as a jpg and email me that)).

I have had a lot of trouble with movies made on personal video cameras. The canon powershot models are a bit of a mystery, the audio bitrate is very odd. I don't doubt that something similar is going on with Sony's formats.

PIN/ID

To use gspot: Install it. Just open the video from gspot (file/open). Email me a screenshot of the gspot program (click alt+print scrn and paste it into word or paint (if paint, save it as a jpg and email me that)).

I have had a lot of trouble with movies made on personal video cameras. The canon powershot models are a bit of a mystery, the audio bitrate is very odd. I don't doubt that something similar is going on with Sony's formats.
    I started playing around with some video taken w/ the same camera to see if it was just the specific two video's I was encoding and it turns out it was. I just spliced some video together in Window's Movie Maker, used your program to encode it using the Medium setting under the 8800 screen size and it worked fine. Thanks for all the help, I'm going to your site as we speak to contribute a donation.
    PIN - 24053627

PIN/ID

Question on DVD's. I was able to rip a DVD onto my pc's hard drive using DVD Shrink. At this point I noticed the DVD is split up into about 7 seperate files. Does anyone know how to combine these seperate files into one so I can watch the movie in succession? I am able to get each chapter onto my phone and it works fine, I just figured there has to be a better way.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~