Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Update on DFC 420's video hook up: video now works great!!!!! i've messed around with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

feelmaroon no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Got Video working on 8100 good

Advertisement

Update on DFC 420's video hook up: video now works great!!!!! i've messed around with the various sizes and all of them work perfectly straight through. controls are fast, especially the pause and replay (let it play for about 30 seconds before you use the forward and rewind buttons. i notice they work fast that way). and with 178x144 i can get about 15 sitcoms (22min each) on a 1gig sandisk card) and with 352x288 (full screen with controls) i can get about 9 (comes in really crisp at this size. I loaded up a full movie on that size and it plays right through with no problems). erase all your mp3s/jpgs from your pearl and load up on video!!!!. just ordered another 1gig card to start my mini sitcom library.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Where are you downloading your videos from? And what format do you search for?

feelmaroon no está en línea Stack level 2

you can download from any torrent. grab for avi then follow dfc 420's instructions. seemless. watched 'office space' at work today on my pearl. sweet.

j.paycheck no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi everyone,

Wanted to share another method I found on another forum (no credit here)... I havent tested but according to the feedback this works very well...

Will output to an mpeg4 .avi file:

Download the MPlayer encoder from here:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html

(Sorry for the "DOT" not a stack level 2 member)

I would reccomend the KR or SE version because its a ZIP file (same content as US).

You don't need the codec pack for encoding to the proper format for the 8100

Then in an MS DOS window encode with:

Code:
    mencoder -vf scale=240:180 <input file> -o <output file> -of avi -ovc lavc -oac lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=230:acodec=mp3:abitrate=64
    Note that with the above code, the <output file> has to be an avi, but the <input file> can be just about anything you can play on your computer.

Also Note that if your input file is widescreen, this will compress it down to Pan-and-Scan ratios. You can play with the "scale=240:180" option for widescreen input and output.

According to the source this "Works like a dream".

j.paycheck no está en línea Stack level 1

^ Sorry about the link with the "DOT" and "FORWARD SLASH" nosense

I just tested it... this is what I have notice so far (oh and sorry if this method had been posted before... didnt see it)...

I did a music video (Kanye West if you are curious)...

Using the first method it work fine, look good... as the forum states... but I must admit the second method might be the way I choose to go... for the following reasons...

The video is 3:26 minutes and using the first method the file size is 13.22MB but using the second method (with the reccomended options/settings) the file size is 7.70MB

The video quality at least to my eyes aren't too different... both look very well... maybe I will notice a difference when converting a different video.

Also the second method uses up the full screen (minus of course the control part of the screen)... but with the first method I couldnt see the full video (some of it would be cut off... the bottom)

Sound quality... the second method is louder, crispier... better sound.

The controls are the same using either method. Also the audio and video weres sync'd using either method.

Hope this help... feel free to test and post your opinions.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

I was waiting for a cable car last night. I played a video on the 8100. There were three guys standing in the background, all getting off work, who kept sneaking a look at my Pearl playing a movie.

Even at night I could see their faces were green with envy.

jjgctg no está en línea Stack level 1

Did everything like DFC420 said and everything works great. Had problem with size of video tho (small 512Card). Used pocket DVD studio Palm to compress and then super to decode file and evrything looks great. I was just wondering why cant I decode Itunes downloads. Ive paid for them whats the deal. Is hier a way?

ml320 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    pm 4 pin

Re: The Original: Video encoding for the 8100

Great find! now i just need more movies to put on here

RichTXn no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3214E094

works just as you stated...... this is great.....

DocGo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

Thanks for all the tips. I just converted my DVD copy of iRobot...really cool playing it in the BB 8100. I hope RIM will come out with a fix for the 1gb miniSD limit...

r3ckl3ss no está en línea Stack level 2

doing one right now... how long is this supposed to take? obviously there are many variables that dictate time. In rough terms, are we talking an hour... or overnight?

Thx -r3ck

cnrmtgbkr no está en línea Stack level 1

Not sure if my last question made it through? Has any one used bb8100 with tivo plus converted movies/ tv shows?
    Formats supported are PSP, palm treo 650, Nokia n80, H.264, and MPEG-4. Which one is best and which one will play on the bb8100.
    iIf you need to still convert, which one convertes EZ. How would you convert it.
    Thanks,

eyehate no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF25FD

worked like a charm!!!! plus it helps for converting for web as well.... great program thanks alot!

jjgctg no está en línea Stack level 1

Does anyone know how to convert Itune movies to the 8100? I have paid for them, but I cant convert it.

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask

I swear I need to jump on the band wagon

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast