Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Yes you can although it would have to be 2.8 MB video ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: The Original: Video encoding for the 8100

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yes you can although it would have to be 2.8 MB video or under.

MicroSD's are very inexpensive you can get one for like 25$ try best buy.

shaggy7705 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e47994

When I go into media manager there is no folder for videos, where should i put them???

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy7705
    When I go into media manager there is no folder for videos, where should i put them???
    Just right click on the right side of media manager and make your own video folder and put it in there.

Then when on your BB go to media icon then hit menu and select "explore" then navigate to the video.

07_BM_GTI no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by baconismidog
    Just use my Blackberry Video Converter

It passes mencoder arguments and allows for volume adjustment and video quality.

B
    thanks for the great program! Works great. Is there any way to get it to go full screen and not show the controls?

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Lightbulb Re: The Original: Video encoding for the 8100

http://www.seabyrdtech.com/bbvideo

It passes mencoder arguments and allows for volume adjustment and video quality.

B
    holy cow this is amazing. by far the easiest program to encode yet...and free

mad props

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Quote Originally Posted by j llama
    holy cow this is amazing. by far the easiest program to encode yet...and free

mad props
    Funny, cause I thought u said this other program is the easiest on the resent thread lol.

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by peterbabiy
    Funny, cause I thought u said this other program is the easiest on the resent thread lol.
    this is that program
    i just dedicated a thread to it

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Ha ha really? Ow ok, I got that software but didnt install it or anything so I thought it was someting diff. Anyway thanks for pointing it out again

My fav program as well

Abrcrmbskier no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC990F

mmk im having trouble..I have a dvd and im not sure how to rip it to a file super can read...any ideas? and i already burned my trial for Clone dvd mobile *sadface* -Aber

dutchbrown no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok, there seems to be a lot of questions on this board as far as exactly how to convert a file to play video OPTIMALY on the pearl. Since I just spent the last week figuring out 1. how to get one that just plays at all (no error), 2. one that plays full screen (at least the full screen that is available on the existing media player), and 3. one that looks and sounds decent. I tried Super, and I got results using the H.263 encoding but could not get the right screen size (either too big or too small). So… here is my method. I’ll try and write it for Newbie’s to make it nice and easy.

First… I used .ty files that I uploaded from my hacked DirecTv Tivos via MFS_FTP, a 1 hr show is ~1.3 GB. Used TyTools to convert to .vob file.

What is important here is that you end up with a file Mencoder will recognize. I chose .vob as it is the easiest for my tivo files to convert. Not sure what other file types work (.ifo? .avi (larger size or type)?). Note, I’m not going to cover here how to convert files to .vob, I’m assuming you already know how to do that.

So…. Now that I have a .vob file (with original encoding, still ~1.3GB/hr of show), I need to use Mencoder to do this. I am not using a skin nor the mplayer itself, just the mencoder, but I have not spent the time to figure out the minimum I need to do this. If you want to, go ahead. This is the easy streamlined version to use a command line to convert the file to something you can use on the pearl.

First, I’ll go into how to set up your Mencoder folder in windows.
    1.Go to mplayer website (www . mplayerhq . hu/design7/dload . html) - note, remove spaces in address for it to work due to posting limitations (can't post URLs)!
    2.Go to “Source and Binaries”, click on “US” next to “MPlayer 1.0rc1 Windows” to download the zip file
    3.Go to “Binary Codec Packages” , click on “US” next to “Windows x86 20060611” to download the codecs file
    4.Extract the source zip file: “MPlayer-mingw32-1.0rc1.zip”… it will create a “Mplayer” folder wherever you specify to extract (using winzip)
    5.Extract the codecs zip file: “ windows-essential-20061022.zip” INTO the Mplayer folder created in the step above … it will create an folder with the same name
    6.Copy the files in the “windows-essential…” folder into the “codecs” folder (should both be located under the ‘mplayer” folder created in step 4.

Now you are ready to convert your file.
    • First take your .vob file and put it in the mplayer folder (the script looks in the same folder as the executable for the file to convert, and will put the new file in the same folder as well).
    • Then go to “start->run” on your windows desktop. Enter in “cmd” and hit enter to start the command prompt.
    • Navigate to the mplayer directory. I have mine on my desktop and my command prompt starts in the c:\windows\system32 folder so I enter: “ cd \”, hit enter, then “cd \documents and settings\brown\desktop\mplayer” and hit enter again.
    Now to the settings. Off of the blackberry website (Doc ID : KB05419 under their blackberry tech solution center), you can obtain the settings needed for the pearl. However, NOT ALL COMBINATIONS WORK as they list.

Supported Video: Mpeg-4 Part 2 & H.263, file formats .avi, .3gp, .mp4, .mov, up to 320x240 (optimal 240x180), up to 800 kbps bitrate (400kbps optimal), up to 30fps.
    Supported Audio: MP3 or AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, MIDI, AMR-NB, or WAVE, up to 44.1kHz sampling rate, up to 128kbps bitrate

Supposedly the optimal settings are 30fps, but I found that slowed down my pearl (as did 320x240) or even refused to play. However, 15fps was not good enough quality for me. Here are the settings I used with great results: Mpeg4, .avi, 240x180 resolution, 598kbps video bitrate, 25fps, MP3, 44.1k sample, 2 channel, 128kbps.

So… how do convert it? Simply enter in this in the command line (assuming you are in the mplayer folder and have your file to be converted in the same folder, here I’m converting an episode of House from .vob to .avi):

mencoder –vf scale=240:180 house5Jan.vob –o house5Jan.avi –of avi –ofps 25 –ovc lavc –oac lavc –lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=598:acodec=mp3:arbitrate128

Note that this did not seem to work when copied and pasted, but worked flawlessly when typed in. Replace the “House” file names with your file names obviously… and note, you DO need to include the extensions for both input (house5Jan.vob) and output (house5Jan.avi).

Then once the encoder was done, I had a ~325MB file to copy over via the Desktop Manager/Media Manager. Once done copying, navigate within the pearl and open the file, and you are off and running with full working controls, good sound that is in sync, and best yet, clear full screen!

Next steps: trying it with a full length movie… Hope this helps everyone!! (and best, it’s FREE!) Thanks to all who posted info before, this is just an effort to consolidate it for those that hate looking everywhere.

acv
    acv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2054BE76

B
    It can't get any easier than this. thanks for the info man

lennya no está en línea Stack level 1

so What File Formats do I need to convert my videos to in order
    to be able to store them on my Pearl ?

milly no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: The Original: super freezes and exists

Help super freezes and exists. Tried to browse to where the video files were and it froze. also seems like there is no way to save the settings. any suggestions thanks

baconismidog no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: The Original: super freezes and exists

Quote Originally Posted by milly
    Help super freezes and exists. Tried to browse to where the video files were and it froze. also seems like there is no way to save the settings. any suggestions thanks
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tml#post159629
    Blackberry Video Converter
    Click on my google links so I can buy myself a pearl, I gotta see these videos for myself!

va7777 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks, it worked Great very easily.. Thanks a lot..

I would love to see videos in full screen with controls hidden.