Advertisement

can u encose a HTML document?

bigzach79 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i mean encode?

zyiro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302A0AFF
    Quote Originally Posted by knottybitz
    I am now convinced that there is a 1 hour (approx.) limitation on each video, probably having to do with the Pearl's built-in player. Maybe they thought you'd be doing nothing but TV shows.

i was just able to use Super as the original poster had intructions for and i have 3 complete movies that are well over an hour and they play perfectly fine. i diddnt have to make any changes...

hpmcdonald no está en línea Stack level 2
    baconismydog--THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

I had been searching for a way to view my DVD's in wide screen format on my pearl. I struggled with Super for the right settings for sound and video quality. I could never manage it and I felt a little lost with Mencoder. Your BB Video Converter is Perfect!!!

I use one program to join the VOB's on my dvd into one file (clonedvd mobile from slysoft.com). Then I take that single VOB file and run it through your program. It takes a little while, but the result is perfect.

Example of size conversion:

Superman Returns full VOB file: 6.88 gb
    Converted file (original aspect):418 mb

tgdavidson no está en línea Stack level 1
    Baconismydog -

Mad props (and deep bows) for BBVideo Generator. I went from d/l to watching (Red vs. Blue - OK, so I'm a 46-year-old junior-high student) in about 10 minutes. Very clean results; nice GUI work in front of the other code.

tgd

vektor8 no está en línea Stack level 1
    woww ... this is so amazing, I used to like my BB, now I'm in love with it... Thanks to y'all for spending your time teaching us how to manage this multi-tasking piece of equipment ... BBVideo Generator - best software ever invented !!!

baconismidog no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks a lot for all the compliments guys! (this is my first freeware release)

One thing, my software is called Blackberry Video Converter, generator is a different software that costs money...

I am working on some new features right now. If there is anything you would like to see, please email me at bb at seabyrdtech.com. If I can, I will put it in the next release.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Hello, I am still confused on how to play videos on my Pearl. Is there a step by step guide out there that explains exactly what you need and exactly how you do it? I am totally new to this multi-media video thing.

I also want to do is be able to watch current news and sports clips on my Pearl. Do I need software to do that? I tried to download a clip from a well known sports website and got error messages that file was too big and some kind of javascript error message. I think that's called a pod cast? Some files can take a while to download right on the Pearl, but I don't do it all the time. I like to do a lot of stuff on the fly, so I would be downloading stuff directly from my Pearl. thanks.

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6
    I've been tring to get this to work. It keeps saying that the file cannot be rendered. Can someone give me a hand?

baconismidog no está en línea Stack level 2

What exactally is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by scboatman
    I've been tring to get this to work. It keeps saying that the file cannot be rendered. Can someone give me a hand?
    Which thing?

What type of file (please use gspot (google it - I can't post links yet...) to figure out exactally what type of file you have)?

What exactally is the error (you can take a screen shot of the window (ALT+Print screen) and email it to me (assuming that you are using Blackberry Video Converter - bb at seabyrdtech.com))?

jdean014 no está en línea Stack level 1
    First day on the site and I must say I am VERY impressed with it. Great Job! My question is when trying to view a YOUTUBE clip on my Pearl it tells me that I have to have FlashPlayer installed. When I go to adobe's website it tells me my browser is unsupported...What should I do? From what I can tell SUPER only works for files that are downloaded to my pc and then transfered over so this does not really help. Maybe I am just missing the whole boat on this but I want to make sure I am maximizing everything possible on my new BB.

Many Thanks!

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There are not many sites that you can view video straight from the browser.

There also is no flash player for the pearl.

Try www.tinytube.net

jdean014 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks dfc420. I was afraid of that. I am just getting use to the Perl but so far I am very happy with it.

hpmcdonald no está en línea Stack level 2
    They have just added BlackBerry Pearl as an encoding option on Slysoft's CloneDVD mobile. Up until now, I've been using this progam to stitch together the .vob files of my DVD's before running the resulting file through Super, BB Video Generator, or (most recently) BB Video Converter (thanks Baconismydog).

Now I can go straight from DVD to my Pearl with CloneDVD Mobile from Slysoft.com. My first attempt may not have the same video quality I've accomplished with Bacon's program, but there seem to be a couple of adjustments I can make to improve it. It's not free (or even especially cheap), but they give you a full 21 day uncrippled trial on it. I'm sorry to sound like an advertisement, but for a "push one button" solution to putting DVD's on your Pearl this is the best so far.

hipcat no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb i've tweaked the hell outta Super for days...

and the results of my labors are as follows: (for the best video experience when you download super, set it's settings as follows and at least on my phone (t-mobile pearl) and in my opinion, you'll get the best combination of picture quality, sound quality, image size and fit, final file size, and functionality of the built in controls, and its a format our phones will play) i've been watching simpsons and family guy on the subway and lovin it.

output container: mp4 (mpeg-4)
    output video codec: DivX
    output audio codec: AMR-Narrow Band

radio button ffmpeg selected
    video scale size: 320x240
    aspect: 3:2
    frame/sec: 14.985
    bitrate 160k
    options: hi quality and stretch it are checked

audio bitrate: 11kbps
    dvd lang select: default

note that after starting a video or moving to another point in the video your player needs time to recover, usually 5-10 seconds despite that the video begins to play immediately there is still a lot of processing going on in the background, you can tell the player has "caught up" by the fact the seconds field in the time elapsed counter will tick regularly rather than skip or lag and it should now respond properly. good luck!