Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 479

Okay - probably really dumb question - but I can't seem to convert a .mov ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #151
    sowhynot's Avatar
    sowhynot no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    24

    Advertisement



    Okay - probably really dumb question - but I can't seem to convert a .mov file to get it to play on the 8100. I've downloaded Super (at stated at the beginning of the thread) and converted following the steps. Also tried converting it to an MP4 format, rather than .avi. When I try to access the file through the video player on the 8100 I get a message "An error has occurred attempting to play media."

    The interesting thing is, using the Super program, if I convert it to an MP3 and load it into the music folder on my SD card I can play the audio, so I know that the conversion software is working.

    What am I doing wrong?

  2. #152
    sowhynot's Avatar
    sowhynot no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    24
    Well, never mind. It was the video player. Wouldn't play the preloaded media either. Did the essential "battery pull" and I'm fine now. Thanks for the earlier tips.

  3. #153
    ej's Avatar
    ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37
    Posts
    382
    i am attempting to do this the first way mentioned i will post how it goes.
    wreckless music
    makin the hits

    www.wrecklessmusic.bravehost.com

    add me on myspace www.myspace.com/wreckless_music

  4. #154
    ej's Avatar
    ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37
    Posts
    382
    has anyone tried a video bit rate of less than 192? if so how did it work out for you? I am trying to get the smallest but fairly long and not pathetic quality videos on my bb pearl. i only have a 512 meg card and i dont see me getting a 1 or 2 gig any time soon unless someone gets me one for free(hint,hint).
    wreckless music
    makin the hits

    www.wrecklessmusic.bravehost.com

    add me on myspace www.myspace.com/wreckless_music

  5. #155
    bcj19's Avatar
    bcj19 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7

    Thumbs up

    Nice find! It looks like Super can also be used to convert to PSP... Another handy little device for mobile movie watching.

    Thanks!

  6. #156
    maestrowork's Avatar
    maestrowork no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    144
    Super is great. I also have other tools so I can pretty much convert any formats. Still trying to experiment with bit rates to get the best quality/smallest size combo. Any pointers?

  7. #157
    baconismidog's Avatar
    baconismidog no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by jcolec
    The program 'Blackberry Video Converter' has been updated to include better DVD support. I downloaded it and tried it last night. Seems to work fairly well.

    www seabyrdtech.com/bbvideo (crippled URL - supply your own .)

    Converted Superman Returns last night. It took a while but the results were good.

    Gotta agree though - the current Media Player is a little too basic. Hope to see some updates soon from RIM or some third party development.
    Greetings,

    I am the author of this software and would like to encourage everyone to try it and let me know what you think of it - good and bad. I entertain all feature requests and bug reports.

    By the way, it is a mplayer frontend, so all file types that work with mplayer will work with my app.

    Thanks guys
    B

  8. #158
    ej's Avatar
    ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by baconismidog
    Greetings,

    I am the author of this software and would like to encourage everyone to try it and let me know what you think of it - good and bad. I entertain all feature requests and bug reports.

    By the way, it is a mplayer frontend, so all file types that work with mplayer will work with my app.

    Thanks guys
    B
    WOW YOUR PROGRAM SEEMS A LITTLE TOO EASY. I AM CONVERTING STATE PROPERTY II AT THIS VERY MOMENT SO I'LL LET YOU KNOW IF IT WORKED OUT FOR ME. I USED SUPER C TO CONVERT IT THE FIRST TIME BUT THE AUDIO WAS WAY TOO LOW. I HAVE ONE QUESTION THOUGH. THE FILE THAT I AM CONVERTING IS 698MB WHAT WILL THE FILE SIZE BE AROUND ONCE IT IS FINISHED?
    THANX FOR THE HELP
    wreckless music
    makin the hits

    www.wrecklessmusic.bravehost.com

    add me on myspace www.myspace.com/wreckless_music

  9. #159
    EvolutionCSR's Avatar
    EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,711
    There are many factors in saying what the end video size will be including the original videos specs.

    Quote Originally Posted by ej
    WOW YOUR PROGRAM SEEMS A LITTLE TOO EASY. I AM CONVERTING STATE PROPERTY II AT THIS VERY MOMENT SO I'LL LET YOU KNOW IF IT WORKED OUT FOR ME. I USED SUPER C TO CONVERT IT THE FIRST TIME BUT THE AUDIO WAS WAY TOO LOW. I HAVE ONE QUESTION THOUGH. THE FILE THAT I AM CONVERTING IS 698MB WHAT WILL THE FILE SIZE BE AROUND ONCE IT IS FINISHED?
    THANX FOR THE HELP


  10. #160
    ej's Avatar
    ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37
    Posts
    382
    Now Are You Using The Same One As I Am(blackberry Video Converter)? Because It Was Really User Friendly And There Really Wasn't That Much To Tweak Like On Super C
    wreckless music
    makin the hits

    www.wrecklessmusic.bravehost.com

    add me on myspace www.myspace.com/wreckless_music

  11. #161
    baconismidog's Avatar
    baconismidog no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    86

    End Video Size

    Quote Originally Posted by dfc420
    There are many factors in saying what the end video size will be including the original videos specs.
    dfc420 is correct.

    The end product is determined by the size and bitrate of the initial input. All my software will do is encode your initial video to a particular aspect ratio and to a chosen bitrate for the audio. It does not allow you to choose the final size of the product.

    I have noticed, though, that LAME audio makes larger files than LAVC and that the louder the volume you choose for LAME the larger the final file will be.

    Video example:
    A 1gb input file yeilds a 500mb output file. This does not necessarily mean that a 2 gb input will yeild a 1gb output file. It could, but the input files would have to be the exact same bitrate (audio and video) and exact same encoding (.vob, divx, xvid, etc.)

  12. #162
    ej's Avatar
    ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37
    Posts
    382
    ok that brings me to my next question. is there any programs out there that i can compress the file to make it smaller before i send it to your program to convert it to bb pearl format?
    wreckless music
    makin the hits

    www.wrecklessmusic.bravehost.com

    add me on myspace www.myspace.com/wreckless_music

  13. #163
    baconismidog's Avatar
    baconismidog no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    86
    First, sorry for all the broken links, NOOB to this forum

    What type of file are you talking about? VOBs are always going to be huge. Divx and Xvid Avi's are going to be pretty small (and are usually converted VOBs). So if you are talking about a Divx or Xvid, probably not - the best course of action would be to use the smallest resolution (220x176) and LAVC default codec.

    If it is a VOB, you can convert it using Divx (divx.com/divx/whybuydivx.php) but the converter costs money. Divx is my favorite for high quality but small files. I also like Xvid, but not as much.

    If you have a ~700mb file, it is probably an avi and probably one of the above codecs already. You can use a program called gspot (headbands.com/gspot/v26x/index.html) to determine exactally what codecs your file has.

    If you've installed the klite codec pac (many people have) gspot comes with it.

    Hope that answers your question.

    PS - what file sizes are you getting? If you've time, please run the program on your file and maybe post the results:
    example:
    orginal 700mb DIVX AVI
    Pear large 320x240 LAME volume 2 - 500mb
    Pearl med 240x180 LAVC- 350mb
    Pearl med 240x180 LAME volume 8 - 399mb
    etc.

    That might give all users an idea of what to expect. I will do the same as soon as I have time.

    Maybe I will create a help item called expected file sizes that will have all the data you (and anyone else) posts? Sound good?

    You can also email me at bb at seabyrdtech.com . Questions, comments, requests, etc.

    late

  14. #164
    ej's Avatar
    ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by baconismidog
    First, sorry for all the broken links, NOOB to this forum

    What type of file are you talking about? VOBs are always going to be huge. Divx and Xvid Avi's are going to be pretty small (and are usually converted VOBs). So if you are talking about a Divx or Xvid, probably not - the best course of action would be to use the smallest resolution (220x176) and LAVC default codec.

    If it is a VOB, you can convert it using Divx (divx.com/divx/whybuydivx.php) but the converter costs money. Divx is my favorite for high quality but small files. I also like Xvid, but not as much.

    If you have a ~700mb file, it is probably an avi and probably one of the above codecs already. You can use a program called gspot (headbands.com/gspot/v26x/index.html) to determine exactally what codecs your file has.

    If you've installed the klite codec pac (many people have) gspot comes with it.

    Hope that answers your question.

    PS - what file sizes are you getting? If you've time, please run the program on your file and maybe post the results:
    example:
    orginal 700mb DIVX AVI
    Pear large 320x240 LAME volume 2 - 500mb
    Pearl med 240x180 LAVC- 350mb
    Pearl med 240x180 LAME volume 8 - 399mb
    etc.

    That might give all users an idea of what to expect. I will do the same as soon as I have time.

    Maybe I will create a help item called expected file sizes that will have all the data you (and anyone else) posts? Sound good?

    You can also email me at bb at seabyrdtech.com . Questions, comments, requests, etc.

    late
    thats a great idea
    so i'll start it off
    state property II
    original file size: 690MB (i still gotta download gspot to see what kinda codecs i'm messin with)
    pearl med:240x180 default LMAC
    final size(output size):207MB

    its a good quality but it is still a little low but the volume is way better than when i used super c. maybe if i use lame for audio and turn it up a bit it will be better. i am workin with a 512MB card so i wont sacrifice the largeness of files too much but 207 is still a bit bigger than i'd like. full movie at 150 and below would be desirable.
    QUESTION.
    if my file is 700mb what is it most likely to be?
    wreckless music
    makin the hits

    www.wrecklessmusic.bravehost.com

    add me on myspace www.myspace.com/wreckless_music

  15. #165
    ej's Avatar
    ej
    ej no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    280A5A37
    Posts
    382
    glory road (last 45 min)
    original file size: 188MB (i still gotta download gspot to see what kinda codecs i'm messin with)
    pearl small:220x176 default LMAC
    final size(output size):92MB
    glory road(1st 1hr 5 min)
    original file size: 236MB
    final size (output size):141MB
    everythig else is the same as above
    really loud just like how i like. (i dont think i had anything to do with that) picture is great. yeah this one is nice.
    Last edited by ej; 12-22-2006 at 06:45 AM.
    wreckless music
    makin the hits

    www.wrecklessmusic.bravehost.com

    add me on myspace www.myspace.com/wreckless_music

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •