Alright, so I don't know much technical stuff about computers, but I have figured out away to sync your Thunderbird Calendar with your BB! Now I haven't worked out all the details so don't expect it to be flawless, but it's atleast a start and you smarter people can take this and find a better way to do it!
Requirements: (not OTA links)
Mozilla Thunderbird Add-On Extension: Mozilla Lightning
Mozilla Thunderbird Add-On Extension: Provider for Google Calendar
BlackBerry Application: GCalSync
A Gmail account
*I guess you don't have to use Thunderbird w/Lightning, you could just use Sunbird
So there you have it, I know it would be just as easy to not use Thunderbird or whatever, but main point is everyone is waiting for Blackberryzilla!!! BB and Mozilla compatability, I found a realistic way of doing it, now all you smart, tech savvy, people out there that want blackberryzilla like me, use it and find us a way!
- Download all of the requirements
- Install Mozilla Thunderbird
- Install the Lightning Add-On, get Thunderbird reconfigured with the Add-On
- Install the Provider for Google Calendar Add-On
- Once that's all set, go to google.com
- Sign in to your account
- Go to your Calendar
- Choose "SETTINGS" located in the top right of the window
- Choose the "CALENDARS" tab
- In "My Calendars" choose which calendar you would like to use in Thunderbird *(I'm not sure how many you can use)
- Scroll down and find your "PRIVATE ADDRESS", then click the red box that says "XML"
- There should be a pop-up that has a link on it, copy the link!
- Go back to Thunderbird, go to FILE > NEW > CALENDAR
- Select "ON THE NETWORK", press next
- Change the format to "GOOGLE CALENDAR" & past the link into the "LOCATION" box, press next
- Give your calendar a name, and color, press next, then finished! *(From now on whenever you put make a change to your google calendar it will automatically show up on your Thunderbird Calendar...The big issue is the only way export your Thunderbird Calendar to your Google Calendar is save the T-Bird Cal as an ICalendar, then Import it on Google, I haven't figured out a way to make that automatic!)
- ANYWAYS, now point your BB Browser to wap.gcalsync.com
- There are three files you can download, for Pearl User's it would be the bottom one (for BB)
- After you download the gcalsync app OTA, go the main screen of your BB
- Find the gcalsync app, (If I remember correctly) the first time you open the app it asks you to sign in to your gmail account. It took me a couple tries, I'd say give it 5 tries before quitting.
- So after you sign in, choose the TEST option to make sure it's set up right, after that your on your own...
If you need help installing the Add-On "Provider for Google Calendar" her is a walkthrough with pictures... I didn't write it, so it's a lot better ;-)
If this interest you and you plan on looking for a better solution here are some other resources:
OKAY! So I think we should all post ideas, comments, follow up, on here...let's try and expirement with eachothers ideas and find a decent way to do this!!!
GMobile Sync - I didn't read into much, all I know is it's like GCal Sync
ScheduleWorld.com - Sync with anything, simple and fast, global addressbook
*HEY definately check out ScheduleWorld.Com, I just read it syncs with Blackberry, and something about Thunderbird Address Book... IT MAY BE OUR WAY!
GCalDaemon - OS-independent Java program
SORRY THERES NO LINKS, I GOT TIRED OF FIGHTING IT, JUST GOOGLE IT, THEY'RE EASY TO FIND