Alright, so I don't know much technical stuff about computers, but I have figured out ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dustincook no está en línea Stack level 1

The begining of a revelation! SYNC Thunderbird to BB

Advertisement

Alright, so I don't know much technical stuff about computers, but I have figured out away to sync your Thunderbird Calendar with your BB! Now I haven't worked out all the details so don't expect it to be flawless, but it's atleast a start and you smarter people can take this and find a better way to do it!

OKAY!

Requirements: (not OTA links)
    Mozilla Thunderbird
    Mozilla Thunderbird Add-On Extension: Mozilla Lightning
    Mozilla Thunderbird Add-On Extension: Provider for Google Calendar
    BlackBerry Application: GCalSync
    A Gmail account

*I guess you don't have to use Thunderbird w/Lightning, you could just use Sunbird

OKAY!
    1. Download all of the requirements
    2. Install Mozilla Thunderbird
    3. Install the Lightning Add-On, get Thunderbird reconfigured with the Add-On
    4. Install the Provider for Google Calendar Add-On
    5. Once that's all set, go to google.com
    6. Sign in to your account
    7. Go to your Calendar
    8. Choose "SETTINGS" located in the top right of the window
    9. Choose the "CALENDARS" tab
    10. In "My Calendars" choose which calendar you would like to use in Thunderbird *(I'm not sure how many you can use)
    11. Scroll down and find your "PRIVATE ADDRESS", then click the red box that says "XML"
    12. There should be a pop-up that has a link on it, copy the link!
    13. Go back to Thunderbird, go to FILE > NEW > CALENDAR
    14. Select "ON THE NETWORK", press next
    15. Change the format to "GOOGLE CALENDAR" & past the link into the "LOCATION" box, press next
    16. Give your calendar a name, and color, press next, then finished! *(From now on whenever you put make a change to your google calendar it will automatically show up on your Thunderbird Calendar...The big issue is the only way export your Thunderbird Calendar to your Google Calendar is save the T-Bird Cal as an ICalendar, then Import it on Google, I haven't figured out a way to make that automatic!)
    17. ANYWAYS, now point your BB Browser to wap.gcalsync.com
    18. There are three files you can download, for Pearl User's it would be the bottom one (for BB)
    19. After you download the gcalsync app OTA, go the main screen of your BB
    20. Find the gcalsync app, (If I remember correctly) the first time you open the app it asks you to sign in to your gmail account. It took me a couple tries, I'd say give it 5 tries before quitting.
    21. So after you sign in, choose the TEST option to make sure it's set up right, after that your on your own...
    So there you have it, I know it would be just as easy to not use Thunderbird or whatever, but main point is everyone is waiting for Blackberryzilla!!! BB and Mozilla compatability, I found a realistic way of doing it, now all you smart, tech savvy, people out there that want blackberryzilla like me, use it and find us a way!

If you need help installing the Add-On "Provider for Google Calendar" her is a walkthrough with pictures... I didn't write it, so it's a lot better ;-)

If this interest you and you plan on looking for a better solution here are some other resources:
    GMobile Sync - I didn't read into much, all I know is it's like GCal Sync
    ScheduleWorld.com - Sync with anything, simple and fast, global addressbook
    *HEY definately check out ScheduleWorld.Com, I just read it syncs with Blackberry, and something about Thunderbird Address Book... IT MAY BE OUR WAY!

GCalDaemon - OS-independent Java program

OKAY! So I think we should all post ideas, comments, follow up, on here...let's try and expirement with eachothers ideas and find a decent way to do this!!!

LATER!

SORRY THERES NO LINKS, I GOT TIRED OF FIGHTING IT, JUST GOOGLE IT, THEY'RE EASY TO FIND

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: The begining of a revelation! SYNC Thunderbird to BB

I wish I could test it, hopefully it works for all who need it. Thanks for the info.

BECC078 no está en línea Stack level 1

Yes yes yesss I just figured this solution after much google'ing, and came here to tell my life-changing news, i'm ecstatic!

I use schedule World, and yep it does all entries, not just address book. I think it's like the same way you're doing it.. but I do mine like this anyway:
    ("Entries" include: Address book, memo pad, calendar, tasks..etc.)

Entries in Thunderbird are sync'd to Schedule World.
    Entries in Schedule World are sync'd to Outlook.
    Entries in Outlook are finally sync'd to Blackberry via the Desktop manager

Aaaand vice versa! Yayayayayay.

oheckno no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31E75692

You guys are so psyched up about this and I've never even heard of Thunderbird. Make me want to get it, though. :]
    “Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave.”
    -Winnie The Pooh

abid.ishaq no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks Dustin, you rock!! btw, Google sync works just fine. Can't wait for bbzilla!!

fenrisswolf no está en línea Stack level 1

Nice tip! I'll have to try it once I get home.

Now if only there was an easier way to sync my Thunderbird address book...
    It's export to file, import to outlook, verify all fields match correctly, and then sync via desktop manager right now...