In BlackBerry OS 4.5.0.55 Release 81 the about under options does not work....any clues if ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

saneen no está en línea Stack level 3

The "About" does not open in OS 4.5

Advertisement

In BlackBerry OS 4.5.0.55 Release 81 the about under options does not work....any clues if this is as expected

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Did you delete VAD(voice activated dialing)? That will cause Options/About to not open.

You can get to the info though by holding Alt and typing the letters EACE....

Hope that helps!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

saneen no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Did you delete VAD(voice activated dialing)? That will cause Options/About to not open.

You can get to the info though by holding Alt and typing the letters EACE....

Hope that helps!

Bulls Eye.......spot on............thanks............anyway have the about option working without the VAD..........one other thing is why the phone memory is reduced while it is in use.............i have disabled the event logs.....phone logs etc..........

No way to make it work without adding VAD back that I have found, but typing Alt EACE from the home screen will get you the info found you would find on the About screen.

As far as memory goes...there are always going to be processes and apps running in the background that will bring the memory down. Just make a habit of checking it daily and using Soft Reset or power off then remove the battery for 30 seconds then put it back to reboot the bb as needed when the file free gets low.

When I had my pearl I had a habit of rebooting every few days, and I never had problems with my BB deleting things on me.

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    How do you delete the VAD? Can it be done from Desktop Manager, and does removing add to the available memory?

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured out how to do it.
    Last edited by sjb4; 07-27-2008 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sjb4 View Post
    How do you delete the VAD? Can it be done from Desktop Manager, and does removing add to the available memory?
    No, it can't be done from the DM, but it can be removed a few ways. The easiest is probably with a program like MaxMem, see this thread. Or it can be removed by deleting the cod files from the java folder, see this thread. Either way be sure to read through the threads carefully and backup your device prior to experimenting

And yes, removing it will increase your available file free memory.

EDIT: was away from the computer for a while, finished my response and saw your edit glad you figured it out!!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4