Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know this is a weird forum for this, but maybe the Good Samaritan is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

HTTmd no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks to the Good Samaritan

Advertisement

I know this is a weird forum for this, but maybe the Good Samaritan is a Stacker...

Two weeks ago, I droppped my Pearl on the street in Manhattan (in front of Lincoln Center). It was in a leather holster, but my daughter must have kicked it off when I was carrying her. After retracing my steps and not finding it, I figured it was gone and I was out $350 bucks for a replacement. I mean, this is New York, right?

However, someone found it and called the last number dialed. This was my brother, who then called my wife on her cell. I never got to meet or thank this guy, as he couldn't wait around and left it at the front desk of a restaurant.

So, now, I'm happily reunited with my Pearl, and I'd like to give a shout out to this resourceful guy. Cheers!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Thanks to the Good Samaritan

WOW!!!! Good for you! This is definitely a rare occurance in NY

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

very rare story, glad to see pearl and owner happily reunited.
    see karma works!!!!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Abrcrmbskier no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC990F

Haha thats pretty cool...

One reason why I love AMERICAHHH!

gixxer frog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6E3C3

wow, my girlfriend bought a razr v3i from cingular, and she had it prob less than a week, she went out to eat with her mom and it fell out of her purse, so she went back inside after she noticed it gone and went back to her seat and couldnt find it, she thinks the guy that was sitting ppl down took it cuz he was real short with her and he wouldnt get anyone else like a manager to help her. that was real nice of whomever returned it.

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Amazing story, especially for the city these days... Its good to know there are still a few good people not carrying a blackberry out there...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Im really glad to see honest people still exist. If you leave anything in my town someone will snatch it up real quick. Even my gosh darn garbage can...

squ34k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

That is indeed a rare story! Amazing. He probably had his own Pearl and realized how agonizing it must be for you to be without it and just HAD to get it back to you. What a lovely story... it brings tears to my eyes!
    Will you be my friend?
    AIM: killaninjamnky
    Y!: isitupsidedown
    MSN: squ34k@gmail.com
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

HTTmd no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by squ34k
    That is indeed a rare story! Amazing. He probably had his own Pearl and realized how agonizing it must be for you to be without it and just HAD to get it back to you. What a lovely story... it brings tears to my eyes!
    Believe me, it brought tears to my eyes, too. I also think that this guy may have had a Blackberry because he was able to navigate around (Call Log, etc).

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by HTTmd
    Believe me, it brought tears to my eyes, too. I also think that this guy may have had a Blackberry because he was able to navigate around (Call Log, etc).
    Thats true. I agree that that is rare in the city these days, you got lucky!

GotPearl?

silverxj no está en línea Stack level 2

thats awesome
    glad you got it back

~John

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

What a great story. It's the rare acts of kindness like this that make me think not all hope is lost LOL (JK)
    Im glad to hear you got it back.

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Geez!

I'm from Suffolk, LI and people arent even that nice on the east end of LI .. it just gets worse as you go to the city!

Glad to hear you got your phone back though!

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by HTTmd
    I know this is a weird forum for this, but maybe the Good Samaritan is a Stacker...

Two weeks ago, I droppped my Pearl on the street in Manhattan (in front of Lincoln Center). It was in a leather holster, but my daughter must have kicked it off when I was carrying her. After retracing my steps and not finding it, I figured it was gone and I was out $350 bucks for a replacement. I mean, this is New York, right?

However, someone found it and called the last number dialed. This was my brother, who then called my wife on her cell. I never got to meet or thank this guy, as he couldn't wait around and left it at the front desk of a restaurant.

So, now, I'm happily reunited with my Pearl, and I'd like to give a shout out to this resourceful guy. Cheers!
    thats good to hear, still good people in the world (somedays you believe otherwise)

squ34k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EAD2EE

Quote Originally Posted by husnain1
    thats good to hear, still good people in the world (somedays you believe otherwise)
    There are plenty of good people in this world. You just need to know where to look for them. Wanna be my friend?
    Will you be my friend?
    AIM: killaninjamnky
    Y!: isitupsidedown
    MSN: squ34k@gmail.com
    PIN - 23EAD2EE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast